Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Eagles

Options
  • 14-12-2008 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Wow, The Eagles are actually going to play Galway! Got my ticket and really looking forward to it. It should be a really good gig.

With such a huge world-class band playing our little town do ye think we think we can look forward to musicians of this callibre coming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ssshh! dont tell the people over on the thread giving out about the proposed floodlights for pearse stadium;)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

nycman wrote: »
    With such a huge world-class band playing our little town do ye think we think we can look forward to musicians of this callibre coming?

Bob Dylan played Pearse Stadium four years ago, and nothing's changed as a result. So to answer your question: no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Are the eagles a world-class band? No
    Lets wait til Radiohead or Metallica come to Pearse Stadium to throw that term around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I wholly endorse the Eagles concert ....by not going !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Lets wait til Radiohead or Metallica come to Pearse Stadium to throw that term around.

Radiohead played in Galway in 98 supported by Cardigans, Nenah Cherry and Divine Comedy during Arts Fest. Great gig.

Meanwhile, I got my tickets for Morrissey. The ex Smithe legend is playing Leisureland in April 09.

I wouldn't cross the road to see the Eagles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Bob Dylan played Pearse Stadium four years ago, and nothing's changed as a result. So to answer your question: no.

He was shite! Worst gig I've ever been to.

As for the Eagles, €86 for a ticket, no thanks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

Hmmm, I'd think a band with 5 Grammys under their belt, 36 years experience and classic songs like Hotel California and Desperado are quite world class.

But hey thats your opinion.

I'm not so much a Radiohead fan, you see I prefer it when my ears don't bleed.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Zzippy wrote: »
    As for the Eagles, €86 for a ticket, no thanks :rolleyes:
    My thoughts exactly. Well, that and the hope that I don't get caught in the inevitable traffic jams that will happen on the night of the gig :).
    nycman wrote:
    I'm not so much a Radiohead fan
    :eek: I thought everyone liked Radiohead?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Radiohead is depressing music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

malice_ wrote: »
    :eek: I thought everyone liked Radiohead?

Oh jesus, are you in for a surprise!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I would even say that there are more people who dislike them than like them about.

I liked The Bends. That was it.

I do like the Eagles but I'm not paying that to see them.

Also Don Henley has soured me against him by having that dreadful "I'm taking you Home" song way back when.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

22% of the letters in Thom Yorke's name are superfluous.

Yore Moh

?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

:rolleyes:

I'll resist the strong temptation to respond to this, other than

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_worldwide

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Cool they're coming and all but €86.........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Fuck, that price is steep.

I know its steep. Sadly

But the really good artist seem to charge around the 86 mark.

It cost me 90 to go see Bruce Springsteen last year, but it was worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

The Eagles are *****. Happy Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

nycman wrote: »
    I know its steep. Sadly

But the really good artist seem to charge around the 86 mark.

It cost me 90 to go see Bruce Springsteen last year, but it was worth every penny.

Can't remember what I paid to see him this year, but you're right it was worth it. Suppose if you're a fan of the Eagles you'll pay whatever it takes...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I saw Bruce too and I'd love to see The Eagles...brilliant band!
    Good to see they are picking bands like the Eagles and not Metallica, Radiohead or Muse...:rolleyes:
    However, I'm broke so unless I win a pair then it's a no for me at the moment.
    With Thomond Park having Elton John too and now the Eagles and possibly a Bruce Springsteen tour on the way, I just can't choose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

biko wrote: »
    Radiohead is depressing music.
    Oh jesus, are you in for a surprise!
    Okay, I'll re-phrase that - I thought everyone with taste liked Radiohead? :pac:

Okay, I'll re-phrase that - I thought everyone with taste liked Radiohead? :pac:

Yeah, bad taste!

(just kidding, I don't mind ole Yorkey too much, but if you can't see the genius of Hotel California then you really do have bad taste :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

mars bar wrote: »
    With Thomond Park having Elton John too and now the Eagles and possibly a Bruce Springsteen tour on the way, I just can't choose!

Now there's a massive demographic... people who like Brucie AND Elton John

"Puts face to palm"

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

I wouldn't mind going to the eagles but ticket prices are outrageous - between 86 euro and 131 euro? :eek: There's a recession on you know !

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

i admit that €275 for two seated stand tickets seems harsh....but to get to see the eagles practically on the doorstep,rather than having to travel to dublin or london dulls the pain somewhat.

as regards the radiohead/eagles are legend/rubbish argument......that's purely a matter of taste....they've both been legendary and rubbish at different times in their respective careers imho.....(and i'd listen to either,depending on humour/state of mind)

Just my cent worth(I know it should be two cents,but there's a recession on!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

big b wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I'll resist the strong temptation to respond to this, other than

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_worldwide

Do you realise that your link says "List of bums worldwide"? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Now there's a massive demographic... people who like Brucie AND Elton John

Haha, first time for everything I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

5times wrote: »
    Do you realise that your link says "List of bums worldwide"? :D

heh heh, noticed that alright.

That would be a pretty good list to see too :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement