Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest place to get a disklok

Options
  • 14-12-2008 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to get one of these. It will be 104 euro to get one of these from the disklok site including delivery of 20 euro. They deliver free to the UK and Northern Ireland!

Argos is 109. Anyone know where I can get a good price - I've tried ebay.

Perhaps someone even has one for sale?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I got mine in Argos down here and it was 20quid cheaper than Halfords.

If your up north at christmas pay a visit to argos there 68.49STG which equates to 76euro give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

try ebay, i got a steering lock from there at €20 that was for sale in halfrauds and argos for around €70. its not my main security and neither should it be yours, dont rely on it as an in-expensive alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

projectgtr wrote: »
    try ebay, i got a steering lock from there at €20 that was for sale in halfrauds and argos for around €70. its not my main security and neither should it be yours, dont rely on it as an in-expensive alarm

In fairness it has to be a chain or a Disklok. I'd a T-rex and the car had an immobiliser and I woke up to a bent back door a broken lock and a snapped ignition :mad:

Girlfriend had same Trex "lock" and key snapped in lock I broke it off in like 10 seconds with my hands theres piles of ****e!

In summary don't buy the below! But the experts were able to defeat a disklok in 117 seconds :pac: but thats in comparison to four seconds etc.

see for yourselves

http://www.ovat.be/Artikels/Steering%20Locks%20test%20by%20AutoExpress.pdf

Advertisement