Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing Wheel Bearing

Options
  • 14-12-2008 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Alright,

anybody know what it would cost to get a wheel bearin replaced, Peugeot car. I have the part.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Front or rear? Few hours labour to replace a front bearing, lots of ripping to be done, a rear bearing is a bit simpler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Nigsy

air wrote: »
    Front or rear? Few hours labour to replace a front bearing, lots of ripping to be done, a rear bearing is a bit simpler.

Front right. Yeah I hear it is a bit of hassle alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 I Love Tea

What model peugeot is it.The fronts can be tricky as things like track rod end,drop links,suspension and brake discs have to be removed to get at the hub but can be done in under 2 hrs. On my car the old bearing had to be cut off which was a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Yep, thats it, brake calipers too so a lot of ripping, then you need to use a press to remove the old bearing and insert the new one & put it all back together.
    It's doable in 2 hours if everything goes perfectly (does it ever!) I would expect most garages would charge more than 2 hours labour for it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Nigsy

Thanks for that.

It's a 306. What is the going rate for say 3 hours labour?

• Advertisement
Advertisement