Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic Type R Insurance!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

draffodx wrote: »
    I drive an Integra everyday and its fine, I live on terrible roads too,it meets what I personally want from a car perfectly, just because your idea of a daily driver is different doesn't make it a bad car.

I'm part of an owners club that have regular track days, so realistically theres plenty of opportunities to take a car to a track.

Go to a track day and any healthy civic or integra will be keeping up with 300bhp evos, skylines, impreza's on the twisty bits easily.
    There well known to be the best fwd handling cars ever produced and 182bhp from an n/a is not slow!

If 90% of ek9's haven't seen the inside of mondello park then thats the owners fault not the cars, I agree though that alot of civics and Integras and the likes out there are owned by people that dont know what there at with them and give them a bad image.

Of course there are cars that are more comfortable, better looking and faster just the same as there are cars slower, worse looking and even less comfortable.

apologies on commenting on what you can and cant comment on, my phrasing was wrong I meant just because the civic doesn't suit your needs doesn't mean it wont suit someone else, I like cars like the ek9 and they suit me but I dont go and say some other form of car isn't worth buying just because it doesn't suit me

I know they arent slow but they arent rockets. Most newer hot hatches are considerably faster than the ek9 and even the newer type r. I wouldnt say they are the best handling FWD car ever. They tend to understeer at higher speeds from what ive read. Focus ST/RS, Mini S, any Alfa are all likely to handle better. Technology moves on a lot in 12 years.

Im sure they are quite a good little car and probably were better than anything else out at the time but i really dont see the appeal of them nowadays. You can get newer cars which have the performance and the handling as well as the comfort for similar money. If they didnt fetch such ridiculous money then i would have no problem with someone buying them but that kind of money for a 10 year old car that has more than likely been driven to hell is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

samsemtex wrote: »
    I know they arent slow but they arent rockets. Most newer hot hatches are considerably faster than the ek9 and even the newer type r. I wouldnt say they are the best handling FWD car ever. They tend to understeer at higher speeds from what ive read. Focus ST/RS, Mini S, any Alfa are all likely to handle better. Technology moves on a lot in 12 years.

Im sure they are quite a good little car and probably were better than anything else out at the time but i really dont see the appeal of them nowadays. You can get newer cars which have the performance and the handling as well as the comfort for similar money. If they didnt fetch such ridiculous money then i would have no problem with someone buying them but that kind of money for a 10 year old car that has more than likely been driven to hell is nuts.

I agree all newer hot hatches are more comfortable and more powerful and even have a much smoother power curve in the new K20's but there is a jump in price between the hot hatches of the 90's and the newer more modern hot hatches even though the 90's versions are over priced.

A good clean ek9 will fetch 9 - 10 k but a good clean ep3 will fetch 15k + I know it doesn't seem like that much but it can be a lot to some people.

newer hot hatches tend to have bigger engines too that are even less insurance friendly than the older models too.

its like all things, if theres a demand for them prices will be high

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

micdaws wrote: »
    shut up you old bollix!!!! hah just messing hmmm...almost as old to my dad but you got some fairly sensible knowledge i must say i do believe every word you say...parties are fu XD at my own place!! cheers man! thats a bit of an eye opener :O

cheers and thanks :D

You're welcome. Give us a shout when you have that first party. I'll be able to lecture your mates on their drinking habits .... :D:D:D

Advertisement