Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

problem with interior lighting in VW Golf

Options
  • 14-12-2008 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm driving an 03 TDI golf. I recently noticed a problem with the dash and interior buttons back-lighting. Sometimes they flicker off and on again, its very annoying when driving at night as I can not see the speedometer or any of the buttons. I think that is must be related to the lights switch but the thankfully the lights outside are not affected. Any theories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Fuse for interior lighting is different than one(s) for the external lights - check that it is secure and not faulty (could be damaged or a dud).

Also, the headlight switch has separate circuits for the dash lights and external lights, so it is possible for it to have a loose connection on the dash lights only.

If it's not the fuse, you can (if you are feeling handy) remove and take apart the headlight switch to clean the contacts (or they might be burnt out, time for a new one at the breakers/stealers)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

i had very same problem with my 01 seat leon same switches dash etc, i added oe spotlights so had to fit a new light switch selector and since then never had problems so get a replacement light switch selector plenty ebay goin cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

deaglan169 wrote: »
    i had very same problem with my 01 seat leon same switches dash etc, i added oe spotlights so had to fit a new light switch selector and since then never had problems so get a replacement light switch selector plenty ebay goin cheap

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mean get a new switch? What is a "light switch selector"?

Advertisement