Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ek9 Civic Type R Insurance!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

fallon54 wrote: »
    Student Policy? Elaborate please?
    The girlfriends brother has one of those, gets a discount for being a student. But he certainly wouldn't get quoted on a type r off quinn, I'm two years older than him with more ncb and quinn wouldn't quote me on one.

And that fella couldn't of gotten one either, because there's no such thing as a 93 Integra type r!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fallon54

You serious??

I'm 18, in college Full time, with Quinn and currently pay 2600 premium TFPT, how much of a discount is it do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bryan Griffin

ClioV6 wrote: »
    ah that quote beats the one I got for a Clio172 anyway..6850.

Haha - there's no such thing as a winner in the insurance quote game!

You serious??

I'm 18, in college Full time, with Quinn and currently pay 2600 premium TFPT, how much of a discount is it do you know?
    He's 20, and I remember he got a quote when he was 19, it was 1700 I think TPFT on a 1L micra, I thought that was a great quote for his first car. Give them a buzz.

If I see him tomorrow I'll ask him whats the story with it and I'll PM ya

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    He's 20, and I remember he got a quote when he was 19, it was 1700 I think TPFT on a 1L micra, I thought that was a great quote for his first car. Give them a buzz.

If I see him tomorrow I'll ask him whats the story with it and I'll PM ya

Cheers mate. I'll do that.

• Advertisement

Rang today, spoke to a supervisor and was told they never done student discounts and the only discount they do is with the healthcare service.

Rang today, spoke to a supervisor and was told they never done student discounts and the only discount they do is with the healthcare service.
    Im 99% sure he got somethin off, sure he was only payin 1700 when he was 19 and it was his first car, haven't seen him yet but i'll ask how did he get it so cheap, He deffo told me it was somethin to do with bein a student

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

sure i insured my first car for 1700 with hibernian and it was a 1.4 306 and i was only 18! when your gettin insurance your profession can influence the quote but i doubt it that there'd be any discount for students, i was in college 4 yrs and never got a discount!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Ok a student policy is when your occupation is a student,there is really not that much to elaborate and it wasn't type r integra it was 1.6 or 1.8 vtec 1993 jap.
    my opinion Quinn is a straight up rip off, from my expiriance AXA was the best offer.

Was talkin to the GF's brother there the other day, he said that when he was getting online quotes there was an option "Student Undergraduate" and he clicked that and that geve him money off apparently. He said it was a thing they were only doing for a while though because I checked the online quote thing and there wasn't that option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 micdaws

well im only paying 1200 0n my 1.1 peugeot!? i think thats pretty good for my 1st car! and its m own policy! thats quinn full comp including windscreen cover and im only 18! 17 when i was quoted! Been driving 7 months now! started at €1700 and then dropped to €1200 when i got my full license at 17! so i know for a fact they can quote low!

micdaws wrote: »
    well im only paying 1200 0n my 1.1 peugeot!? i think thats pretty good for my 1st car! and its m own policy! thats quinn full comp including windscreen cover and im only 18! 17 when i was quoted! Been driving 7 months now! started at €1700 and then dropped to €1200 when i got my full license at 17! so i know for a fact they can quote low!
    Don't know how you got it that cheap, I'm 21 with 2 years no claims and I'm only paying slightly less than that. All quotes are givin straight from a computer in Quinn so I've been told, so you got your quote from the same system as I got mine???! Maybe try them after you actually own the car seen as they're good for you now, but get yourself a backup just incase. Fierce hard to get quotes on the oul Type R's! Good luck with it anyway man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

micdaws wrote: »

Yeah.. a 1.1 peugeot.
    not a 1.6 Honda.

big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Yeah.. a 1.1 peugeot.
    not a 1.6 Honda.

big difference.

And just by saying Honda they will load the premium anyway!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Bryn wrote: »
    And just by saying Honda they will load the premium anyway!!!!

true, even honda cars that aren't powerfull are loaded

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The only honda I can get insured on is a 1.6ls. Wouldnt mind been 25 sometimes lol

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    The only honda I can get insured on is a 1.6ls. Wouldnt mind been 25 sometimes lol

on that note 25plus.ie are after screwing me over on my insurance so its not all good being 25 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

I tried today to get quote for Honda Civic 1.6 typre R and the quote was just a bit over 3000 euros. :(
    And I am 21 with 3 year no claim bonus and 2 penalty points.

As well I tried to get quote for Passar 1.8 turbo and it was 1180 eura:eek::D but with different company.

Bobo78 wrote: »
    I tried today to get quote for Honda Civic 1.6 typre R and the quote was just a bit over 3000 euros. :(
    And I am 21 with 3 year no claim bonus and 2 penalty points.

As well I tried to get quote for Passar 1.8 turbo and it was 1180 eura:eek::D but with different company.

There's a big difference between them too cars to be honest, the quotes aren't a suprise

Advertisement