Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats going on with Amazon and games delivery?

Options
  • 14-12-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

hey guys,
    Does anyone know if some rules have been changed by amazon.co.uk and delivery for games?
    Im trying to order a game at the moment and it's saying "*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. (See geographical restrictions.) ***"

I go into these "geographical restrictions" and video games are listed as one of the things they DO send to Ireland..

Check this out:
    screenshot1ig2.th.jpg

It won't let me have most of them but then has no problem with the one down the bottom.. They are all sold by the exact same party and are all in stock.. the game I wanted was singstar abba as a present but I just added loads of other ones to see if they worked.. This is very strange

Id appreciate it if someone else could add a few games to their amazon cart and go to checkout to see if it's the same.. cause this dosen't make any sense to me..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Had the same problem. I got the ABBA one and another singstar for ps3 from one of the market place traders. It was chillout games. Got them in a few days.

Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Dont see it there now though. Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

This has been the case with amazon for a while now ,they use to charge a larger than normal price for delivery for games before they stopped.

I think it was costing six or seven euro for delivery.

Play.com seems to be the most reliable place for games at the moment ,the platinum versions of ps3 games are just over 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yeah play would be fine but the Abba one is out out stock unfortunately.. Amazon is the only site where it actually seems to be in stock but it won't let me order it..

The strangest thing about it though is the fact it will allow me to order Singstar: Legends no problem but then not the abba one or any other game..

This would be my next port of call ,not sure if it's what your looking for though
    http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=879245

• Advertisement

Yeah I checked there already, it's the ps2 one Im looking for unfortunately :(
    Thanks for looking though.

Try http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/ for the cheaper prices (games sub-menu).

The hut ,blahdvd ,zavvi are ok for deliveries aswell.

Thanks for the suggestions,
    I ended up buying it from one of amazon's marketplace sellers.. about a tenner more but couldn't find it anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Redisle wrote: »
    I ended up buying it from one of amazon's marketplace sellers.. about a tenner more but couldn't find it anywhere else.

Yeah, they won't ship games from amazon.co.uk, but they will ship games from marketplace sellers.

Advertisement