Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rubbish bins= skip?

Options
  • 14-12-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Odd question but: Will skip company's take domestic refuse? For example could I buy a skip bag and put rubbish bags in it?

The old man has wound with a load of rubbish bags in his garden after a mix up with the local authority and I want to get rid of it for him before christmas, will any skip hire companies take it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

AFAIK NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Word to the wise:
    If you do hire a skip, don't be suprised to wake up one morning and find it full of your neighbours rubbish.
    Happened us twice and it's especially bad after Christmas with people trying to dump trees

Sorry, that doesn't realy answer your question but worth knowing. However, I'd say most people know this already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

micmclo wrote: »
    Word to the wise:
    If you do hire a skip, don't be suprised to wake up one morning and find it full of your neighbours rubbish.
    Happened us twice and it's especially bad after Christmas with people trying to dump trees

Sorry, that doesn't realy answer your question but worth knowing. However, I'd say most people know this already

You can be also lucky though, sometimes travellers come and take some of the bulky stuff out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The aim of these type of companies is to recycle ,your not suppose to put anything like household rubbish into it.
    They're an effecient way of dealing with waste ,personally I try to make it as easy as possible for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

micmclo wrote: »
    Word to the wise:

Reminds me of an episode of "One foot in the grave". Victor ended up with a car in his skip - and a mattress in the car!:D

Why not delivery a car boot load or a car trailer load, to your local tip - quite reasonable rates. Domestic rubbish attracts vermin - move it asap as it builds up over the Christmas hols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

The "skip thing" happened to us when I was a kid. We got a skip delivered and, by the time we'd gone to the back of the house to get the first load of rubbish, somebody had lashed two full bin bags into it. They must have had them ready by the front door.

Anyway - OP - you can probably take the rubbish to the tip/recycling centre for a per bag charge. €7.50 per bag in Waterford.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Its e15 for as much rubbish as you can fit in a standard sized car at Ballymount in Dublin. And if you fold all the seats flat bar the drivers, that can be quite a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

that's great if you drive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

its 5 euro per bag in mallow.we get 2 bags into 1 big wheelie bin bag.good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Never had any problems putting household rubbish in a skip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

I also have never had a problem putting household rubbish in a skip. Skips are for rubbish thats what you have so get a skip. What else would the skip companies think you were getting a skip for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Bambi wrote: »
    Odd question but: Will skip company's take domestic refuse? For example could I buy a skip bag and put rubbish bags in it?
    jhegarty wrote: »
    Never had any problems putting household rubbish in a skip.
    kilasser wrote: »
    I also have never had a problem putting household rubbish in a skip. Skips are for rubbish thats what you have so get a skip. What else would the skip companies think you were getting a skip for.

Theres a difference in skip bags and skips.

Advertisement