Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb problem with a Vodafone mobile broadband connection

Options
  • 14-12-2008 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me with this really dumb problem with a Vodafone mobile broadband connection.,

Symptoms.

Modem detected good signal strength connection via dashboard fails with an error msg suggesting the settings (in the profile) are wrong (they aren't!).

If I connect directly without using the dashboard I can connect OK and the dashboard then sees the open connection and works OK and will disconect but not reconnect.

Sorry can't give the full error msg as I have to drive to the end of the road to get a good signal. OS is Vista with Huawei E220 modem.

Problem seems to have started when 3 modem was installed (enough said) didn't work and was unistalled, previous to that it worked fine.

Its a friends laptop and they have been onto Vodafone support for a couple of hours already with no success so now its my turn :rolleyes:

btw took me 10mins to sort it out after vodafone support had put the phone down - they left msconfig runing with nearly everything disabled, apps uninstalled all over the place including photshop LOL, and Windows Firewall disabled.

So to sum up Connection via Network Connections works but same settings in Vodafone (Huawei) software fail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

In case anyone finds this in a google search I'll post the fix. Took me a while as each time I tried something I had to drive up the road to get a signal to test it.

Problem: Modem working but vodaphone dashboard/console/app will not connect. Driver installed fine as would connect from network connections. Vista Laptop. Orignally working fine untill three modem software was installed and uninstalled.

Fix: Uninstall from Programs and apps and reboot (reinstall gave same problem so don't do that yet) then regedit and search for Huawei and delete all the keys relating to it (don't do this if you don't understand the registry). Also searched for Vodafone in registry and seem to remember finding a couple of entries which I also deleted. Next delete any Huawei and or Vodafone folders in Program Files. Reinistall and test - worked for me. And don't forget to back up the registry and create a restore point before starting to mess in the registry ;)

Advertisement