Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fur Trade

Options
  • 14-12-2008 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

I didn't realise that it is prohibited in the UK, but not in Ireland. There are six listed on the following website. Mind you, don't read if you are squeamish (like me). http://www.vegaplanet.org/?page_id=294 I'm not sure how up to date that website is. I suppose I never really stopped to think that this goes on in Ireland; I'd rather not have the thought in my mind.

I know that there was a anti-fur protest on Grafton St a few weeks ago. Who were the organisers?

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I really do hate the whole idea of fur. I think its great that people are out there protesting against it (I think the people behind it are these guys http://www.aran.ie/)

However what I don't agree with are people who break into the fur farms and set the minks free. I get the idea behind it, but these minks then go on to cause a lot of harm to the enviorment. In that I mean by that is they raid birds nests for eggs etc. I just think that by realeasing a large amount of the one species into an eco system that is not used to them can only cause a lot of damage.

A better solution would be to work towards the total banning of fur farms in Ireland and to change peoples opinions of fur.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

NARA are on Grafton St quite a lot protesting fur and promoting veganism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Why just fur? Why are there never the same protests outside shops that sell leather goods?

Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

cormie wrote: »
    NARA are on Grafton St quite a lot protesting fur and promoting veganism.

I see they have protests set for tomorrow and saturday.

Advertisement