Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help...my boss is a narcissist!!!

Options
  • 14-12-2008 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Narcissim: A pattern of traits and behaviors which signify infatuation and obsession with one's self to the exclusion of all others and the egotistic and ruthless pursuit of one's gratification, dominance and ambition.

My boss is a narcissistic ego-maniac to the point that he is driving everyone at work to depression....

Anyone else out there afraid to do a days work because nothing they can do is ever good enough???confused.gif

post_thanks.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Didn't you already post this a few days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If he is a narcissist then just wear clothes with mirrors on them so he can check himself out the whole time. Then he'll think you're great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Tell him you are going to follow his example and adopt his way of doing things, then he will be afraid to criticise you. A phrase to help you on your way:

"I just did what I thought you would do."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

watna wrote: »

3rd time by my count

Help! My employee is an obsessive compulsive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maltesersgirl23

eoin wrote: »
    If he is a narcissist then just wear clothes with mirrors on them so he can check himself out the whole time. Then he'll think you're great.

Dahaha that's brilliant, i'll dress up as a giant mirror ball, i'll look like noel fielding, genius!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maltesersgirl23

watna wrote: »

woopsies, i'm new to this game and didn't realise:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

there is 7 traits to narcissism - does your boss display all of them?
    is this him?
    He needs to be right all the time. This is part of the inflated ego of the narcissist, never admitting wrongdoing or misjudgment. He will try to manipulate the data and the conversation in such a way as to find fault with everyone but himself.

He exaggerates or lies about accomplishments. This trait is part of the need to feel superior by using grandiose statements to boost his feelings of self importance.

He expects special treatment wherever he is and whatever the circumstance. This could seen as obnoxious or overly pushy behavior in a restaurant or theater, as though he deserved a certain "celebrity" status.

He craves admiration or adoration from everyone. If he can't get that need met he may become angry or hostile like some petulant child who can't get his way.

He has no concern for others. He lacks sympathy or empathy and acts as if other people's feelings are not important.

He will often try to dominate a conversation, as though his input were far more valuable than anyone else's.

He tries to manipulate or even brainwash others into believing what he wants them to believe.

He is often envious of others who he sees as celebrated or rich. He also believes others are envious of him, supporting his fantasy that he is more powerful, smarter or even richer than he actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

there is 7 traits to narcissism - does your boss display all of them?
    is this him?
    He needs to be right all the time. This is part of the inflated ego of the narcissist, never admitting wrongdoing or misjudgment. He will try to manipulate the data and the conversation in such a way as to find fault with everyone but himself.

He exaggerates or lies about accomplishments. This trait is part of the need to feel superior by using grandiose statements to boost his feelings of self importance.

He expects special treatment wherever he is and whatever the circumstance. This could seen as obnoxious or overly pushy behavior in a restaurant or theater, as though he deserved a certain "celebrity" status.

He craves admiration or adoration from everyone. If he can't get that need met he may become angry or hostile like some petulant child who can't get his way.

He has no concern for others. He lacks sympathy or empathy and acts as if other people's feelings are not important.

He will often try to dominate a conversation, as though his input were far more valuable than anyone else's.

He tries to manipulate or even brainwash others into believing what he wants them to believe.

He is often envious of others who he sees as celebrated or rich. He also believes others are envious of him, supporting his fantasy that he is more powerful, smarter or even richer than he actually is.

that sounds like so many people i know its scares me

Advertisement