Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lurkers, come and say "hi"!

Options

Comments

Hey, Been and vegan for 5 years

Hello.

I;ve always been curious.....Are you actually Brendan Smith or did you call yourself after ya know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ericka

Thought I'd say hello :)

I've only been veggie again for the last two months, but was a veggie throughout my teens, and only had the odd bit of chicken since. So the transition has been easy and I feel so much healthier for it!

Looking forward to stealing some ideas / veggie finds! :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Welcome! Yeah, you'll find this place can be pretty interesting. We get excited about chickpeas... and such ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

welcome ericka!!
    is that ur real name?? i lovit!!! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ericka wrote: »
    Thought I'd say hello :)

I've only been veggie again for the last two months, but was a veggie throughout my teens, and only had the odd bit of chicken since. So the transition has been easy and I feel so much healthier for it!

Looking forward to stealing some ideas / veggie finds! :p:)

welcome aboard miss! New posters, woo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ericka

Welcome! Yeah, you'll find this place can be pretty interesting. We get excited about chickpeas... and such ;)
    Thanks! mmm chickpeas :D
    maameeo wrote: »
    welcome ericka!!
    is that ur real name?? i lovit!!! :)
    Thanks Maameeo, it is :)
    welcome aboard miss! New posters, woo

Hi Ericka :)

Nice to see you back on the bright side ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 goosey gander

Hi
    Been veggie for 12 years since i was eleven and have never looked back, i did like meat but i love animals more so decided to give up meat!!!!

welcome to the veggie forum goosey gander :) and welcome to boards :D
    Feel free to butt into our grapevine thread and join our random chat. And of course check out some threads about the place! Throw in some opinions ;)

Hi
    Been veggie for 12 years since i was eleven and have never looked back, i did like meat but i love animals more so decided to give up meat!!!!

c6f8_1.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 goosey gander

awwww thanks guys:D nice to meet and join such friendly people!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Welcome aboard to you too, I see you are quite new to boards! Any questions, just ask. Have fun.

Hi

welcome goosey gander!!!
    welcome.gif

Ericka wrote: »

Thanks Maameeo, it is :)

COOL!!!
    i love that name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Aoifums wrote: »
    Feels nice to have people like vegans, we're fairly rare. And if my mam has her way, then I won't be for much longer... She's not mad on the whole vegan thing.

Ive just recently become vegetarian and I know my mam will be annoyed if I tell her, so Ive decided to keep it a secret for a while. I never eat any of her disgusting dinners anyway, so that's not a problem and didnt eat much meat in the first place. Also, my lovely boyfriend :) (I know he's stalking me on this) is vegetarian, so I have an excuse for buying stuff like quorn products, to make meals for him when he's over and because I want to eat healthier etc etc. She hasn't copped it yet, but she will eventually. I just know that starting out, I'll find it easier without her hassling me about it, telling all the relations and blah blah. Ill come clean once Im used to my new diet :)

Also, Im kind of a lurker too, just registered recently, never really felt like posting, I was happy just to read all the threads, very interesting and helpful stuff :)

oh, but now you know how to post ;) you'll have to keep us up to date on how your mother copes :D oh, is your bf a poster on the forum, or a lurker also?

Welcome aboard 3 posts person, hope to see you around, and post stalking is a norm. :)

Thanks :) No, he posts, but I dont know how regularly he posts on this forum, hes lalee17. I stalk him too :p:) hehehe...

|Ah I've seen the name, posts a little. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

I never forced her to be veggie! I swearsss!

Hi btw :D

• Advertisement

I thought you might show up. :pac:

He actually didnt! He just showed me how simple it would be. I overheard my mam saying to one of her friends a few weeks ago, 'She's semi-vegetarian now anyway cause of her boyfriend...' hahahaha.

Semi vegetarian, eats things that aren't meat eh? :p
    Soulnd like a lot of parents hehe. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rise Above This

Hi all! I'm new here, long time lurker though :o

Been vegetarian for about 6 years.. my sister was so inspired that she's recently become veggie too :p (although I think it was more than likely due to the fact that she went travelling for a year and was afraid to eat meat :eek:)

Wlcome along Rise Above This, have fun posting! Mmm long term lurkers. hehe

Bump for all you lurkers...might sticky this at some point, who knows!

*waves hello to all!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Nunubird

Hello!
    Another long time boards lurker here...
    I only recently discovered the veg forum though. You're a lovely bunch!!

I'm 31, female, vegetarian for 12 years, vegan since 2 weeks ago :D

*waves hello*

hello! welcome to our cosy forum :) it's true, we are a lovely bunch :D

• Advertisement

Hi nunubird. welcome! Hope to see you posting around :)

Advertisement