Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lurkers, come and say "hi"!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Nunubird

Thanks Sweet-rasmus and Tar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

My first time to this board! I like what I see... can't believe i didn't come searching earlier :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Welcome to the forum at last! :D have a good nose around the past threads and post away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

hi :)

helloooo! good evenin' :D

oh!!! 10 lurkers online :) do say hi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*waves*

Decided to pay a visit over here looking for some nice recipes! I'm not vegetarian (but I was for 2 years in my late teens), but cooking is one of my hobbies and I love good veggie food.

hmmmm, you may get some ideas in the past threads about lunches, dinners and favourite food from the past few months. i myself am curious about home-made tofu crisps mentioned recently... :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Absurdum wrote: »
    hi :)
    My first time to this board! I like what I see... can't believe i didn't come searching earlier :P
    *waves*

Decided to pay a visit over here looking for some nice recipes! I'm not vegetarian (but I was for 2 years in my late teens), but cooking is one of my hobbies and I love good veggie food.

Welcome everybody! Tell us about yourselves some time. :)

Good luck with finding some nyomy food rainbow, I just stuffed my face at teh veggie stands in glawy for the last 2 days, mmmm. Indian fooooood.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 F4Fake

Hey everyone, suppose I should shake off my lurker status.
    I'm 21, from Dublin but currently living in America for a year (which is bloody awkward as they don't seem to understand the concept of fresh fruit and veg). Been a vegeratian since I was about 10.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

alo F4Fake, welcome! How does one say your name?
    Where you in america? liking it?

• Advertisement

Hey Tar, thanks. "F for Fake", like the Orson Wells movie.
    I'm in Minnesota, way up north. Ever see that movie "Fargo"? Where that's set.
    It's ok, certainly a nice area and all. The food situation is a bit awkward though. They're big into their prepackaged and processed food over here. Fresh fruit and veg are very expensive. Like $5 for a small punnet of tomatoes. Also, loads of the restaurant/fast-food places here don't have any veggie options on their menus. Pretty annoying always having to explain the vegetarian thing and asking them to alter their set dishes.

welcome :) so, why the move to America, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanking you.
    Well it's not like it's a permanent move to America or anything. It's just an international exchange program with college. I go study in America for a year; some American goes to study in Ireland for a year. Just felt it would be an interesting experience. Also means I get to spend an extra year in college, and that can't be a bad thing what with graduate jobs being not that plentiful at present.

cool :) college is great for opportunities. congrats for getting that opportunity and taking it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Am i a lurker?!:pac:

I just became kinda vegan i guess, not intentionally but im off all dairy for health reasons...

So far i just got some soya milk and "pure" spread, mostly i missed milk for coffee and butter on toast/bread.

welcome aboard alcoholica! Did you used to have that death avatar? and be in the metal forum perhaps? Ye big lurker.

Living in canada? I would love to go there

welcome aboard alcoholica! Did you used to have that death avatar? and be in the metal forum perhaps? Ye big lurker.

Living in canada? I would love to go there

yes im that metal head!, i forgot to change my location, i just came back!!:(

welcome!!! i hear there are all sorts of tricks to make a decent cuppa coffee with soya milk, but i don't drink coffee so can never remember. it might be something like wait til it cools a bit before adding the milk, so it doesn't curdle :) if you need answers, make a thread about it :)

where abouts are you in ireland? might you be tempted to meet a few veggies and vegans?! :D we'll have to organise something again soon. must discuss with co-mod :)

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    I just became kinda vegan i guess, not intentionally but im off all dairy for health reasons...
    i'm confused, you said you weren't veggie in another thread?!?! you're either vegan (and therefore veggie) or not...

so im a hybrid antivegan or something?!

I dont eat food made by/from animals, but i eat animals.
    what am i?

• Advertisement

well, I don't think I've ever come up with a name for that. a dairy-free, egg-free diet is what you seem to be following. you said you don't eat food from animals (which is meat really?!) so what about jelly sweets, guinness, fanta, red food colouring, honey? i doubt you avoid them too, or do you?? what are your reasons? health is what you said above I guess. but sure, not eating meat really benefits your health ;)

either way, i wouldn't call yourself anything with vegan or vegetarian in the title!

no i guess not, i dunno what i am, im mostly just anti dairy i guess...firstly for health, and now because i dont think its any good for the body anyway.

yeah, dairy messes with sinus problems. avoiding it is meant to be great for people with reoccurring ear infections etc. i myself found that cutting out dairy stopped my mild asthma from showing up :) i heard that that is one of the benefits. there must be plenty of other positive outcomes too...

yeah, dairy messes with sinus problems. avoiding it is meant to be great for people with reoccurring ear infections etc. i myself found that cutting out dairy stopped my mild asthma from showing up :) i heard that that is one of the benefits. there must be plenty of other positive outcomes too...

Yeah, well originally it was linked with re-curring allergies/asthma/eczema etc..

And just like when I quit smoking a while back, I really research the reasons for and against quitting, so I did this also with dairy... and now don't want to touch dairy again! ;p

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    Yeah, well originally it was linked with re-curring allergies/asthma/eczema etc..

And just like when I quit smoking a while back, I really research the reasons for and against quitting, so I did this also with dairy... and now don't want to touch dairy again! ;p

Welcome to the forum AlcoholicA. :)

It is preety strong to compare dairy to smoking. What is this research you talk of?

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum AlcoholicA. :)

It is preety strong to compare dairy to smoking. What is this research you talk of?
    Thank YOU!:D

Well they both make me feel crappy! lol

Ah just researching the history of dairy in peoples diets and peoples thoughts why its not natural for us to drink milk etc.

*waves hello to all guests of the forum* we don't bite! come post :)

*waves to late night lurkers*
    Happy vegan month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MargeS22

Long time lurker. I am a veggie for 15 years. I haven't posted anything in this section of boards.ie yet. Thing that really pisses me off and I only got asked it again today. Do you eat Fish. Ah No. I am a vegetarian. I'd just love to say DON'T BE SO STUPID. Sorry rant over. I must post more on this forum. I have a lovely recipe for Veggie burgers. I will post it later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

.o/ Hi MargeS22!
    welcome to the veggie corner! yea we've had rants about the fish thingy too!
    get posting, everyones really nice here (obviously myself included :cool:)

:D

Advertisement