Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can using a phone as a modem be a security risk to both phone and laptop?

• 14-12-2008 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

i hope ive posted this in the right forum, if not i apologise as its my first post. i have some qs regarding mobile phone use and privacy.

would it be possible for a kellogger program or spyware to steal passwords or
    your phonebook addresses etc? if so what steps can be taken to avoid this.

can a persons movements be traced by knowing their phone number or by their mobile broadband use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ceoexec2 wrote: »
    would it be possible for a kellogger program or spyware to steal passwords or
    your phonebook addresses etc? if so what steps can be taken to avoid this.
    keylogger programs can be installed on your computer but this has nothing to do with mobile broadband and could just as easily happen with dsl
    ceoexec2 wrote: »
    can a persons movements be traced by knowing their phone number or by their mobile broadband use?
    only by the gardai

Advertisement