Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Handycam firewire problems

Options
  • 14-12-2008 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Can someone offer advise / solution to the following.

Using a Sony handycam (DCR-HC47) that connects via Firewire (i.Link) from a base unit that the cam slots into. Last week it was working fine, this week... nothing, PC does not even acknowledge that it is connected. (same if i use the USB option).

I've tried other firewire products and they are ok, so the firewire card is ok.

Could it be a problem with the cam (are there any known common faults) or could it be a problem with the base unit.

Any help would be apreciated as I have family video and my weding video to put on DVD before Christmas!!! :eek:

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Had that same camera before - a great little number. Never had that problem though, the camera sounds fecked by the sounds of it. I've heard of some people putting firewire cables in upside down (don't ask me how) and completely frying their cams. Sure you didn't do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Madmonty

Thanks m83,

not possible to put the cable in upsidedown, the camera base is configured so that it can only slot in one direction.

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Wallacebiy

Possibly a cracked lead ,
    Or a missing driver for the Camera ,
    Can you try another lead plugged direct into the camera?

Firewire can be funny sometimes that way ( I have to admit I haven't much experience of how it works on PC's though )

i've checked the lead, it's ok. other devices work ok with the same lead. drivers are installed.... maybe the camera's screwed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement