Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Gear destroying more classics again

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Topgear is just a bit of entertainment :D

....like scrubs, it may be based loosely on a hospital, but hey, I'm not taking it seriously! Though I'd prefer Sacred Hearts over a typical Irish or... dare I say it, English Hospital!! :eek: ...please don't flame me...

Back to the comment about manufacturers updating their cars, it is to make people think they "have to" upgrade. Most everyday people can tell the difference between model side by side but I'd say they'd be hard pressed to identify close to the year once the regplate is removed. Sure for awhile my car was identified by the colour by a certain someone whos' not into cars (I drive a gold/silver mk2 mr2 btw)

I couldn't believe it when I went to Germany for the first time and arrived in the suburbs, I saw a relatively old style merc parked outside the neighbours of the people I was staying with, looked really well looked after, thought to myself, someone has a very nice example, wonder if it's restored?? Then found out it was a daily driver, with like over 200k on the clock, never restored, just polished up from time to time!

They also have the idea that your car reflects yourself, very rare to find a real germans car in a mess or with dents/damage, they fix them up right away, and washing your car is like a fortnightly must (even if it's a town driver)

I also thought Hitler had a few good ideas (no not those ones!) and did do a few good things for germany, examples? autobauns anyone? :D...btw... please don't flame me...~again~, I get enough from my german gf :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Topgear is just a bit of entertainment :D

....like scrubs

Scrubs, eh?
    http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_194022-Volvo-240-244.html
    http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_194009-Buick-Skylark-1971.html
    I'm sure there's more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

OoOo Someones switch on today! You win the Cookie! :D

@ << Cookie!

:( Lifeless taste though, these cookies...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm pretty sure that second one was nicked from a scene in Vanilla Sky!

Cameron Diaz's jammer. :)

1971 Buick Skylark from what I can gather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Max_Damage wrote: »
    It was bad enough last week that they smashed up a Lada Riva and a Morris Marina, but this week they drop a piano on another one, and in the 'scrap pile' they had for the caravan jump, there was a Cortina, Golf Mk1, Austin Princess, and a Morris Minor all in there. not to mention the XJ6 used to tow the caravan. The Princess got pulverized.
    Cos they were scrapped!!! They didn't buy a mint GXL and put a bomb in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

standard?pictid={12422516-7F7A-43FC-A09E-804D1F7248D7}&exp=f&moddt=39801.8781634606&ssdyn=1
    Another wolseley raced at kingslynn recently..
    standard?pictid={76ABD57A-743D-4FF9-9FC6-D8E4445158C1}&exp=f&moddt=39801.9138709722&ssdyn=1
    And a Rover 90..
    standard?pictid={A6173E38-494E-4971-B10B-550F2AB8F18E}&exp=f&moddt=39801.8862127199&ssdyn=1
    standard?pictid={E0465DCC-0201-421E-8706-8622D69DB0FB}&exp=f&moddt=39801.9170921181&ssdyn=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 panelb/sprayer

max damage you just reminded me there.i cleaned out my garage going to the dump and i saw a mini was delighed with my self.then looked around and i heard a 'crush' what was it but a digger crushing down on the mini but worst of all it was a mini van traveller. it nearly made me sick looking at it. but ya i know what you mean cars on top gear are brilliant cars why do they do it for fun?nearly write to them for ya and tell them to stop crushing cars lol]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

FX Meister wrote: »
    no
    :rolleyes:

Then was it not a bit hateful coming into the forum just to post and put down their hobby?

How would you like if somebody came into your precious nocturnal forum and called you all stupid vampire morons that need to go to bed, or some equally unhelpful comment?

..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

How would you like if somebody came into your precious nocturnal forum and called you all stupid vampire morons that need to go to bed, or some equally unhelpful comment?

..:rolleyes:

Watch this space! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement