Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Grooming

Options
  • 14-12-2008 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi, I'm really hoping some one here can help me. I'm urgently looking for a cat groomer in the city or surrounding area. I know there are lots of dog groomers, but so far have no knowledge of anyone who does cats. She is a Persian Long Haired and has devoleped some mats, which I am afraid to start tearing at incase of hurting her, etc.
    Any help gratefully appreciated.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm sure a vet should be able to advise you where to find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NYCityBabe

Planning on calling my vets tomorrow. Just thought if anyone knew anyone in the meantime. It's got me well stressed out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Try Fat Tony's in Lisbaun, might be expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm surprised no one on here has offered to trim your pussy? Won't be long now....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Why don't you just cut the mats out using a nail scissors?

Our Lhasa Apso (canine) is always getting mats behind his ears and I usually just snip them out.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

Hiya NYCitybabe,#
    im claire, just too say i wouldnt do it yourself, doing a persian cat is entirely different too a dog, you could hurt her.
    i breed bengals but i have had persians in the past, i would however recommend the galway spca, they have a cattery in the city and they would know exactly what too do without charging you the earth.
    i would get it done sooner rather than later because the tempretures at the moment, her skin could flare up.

also after you have it done, little tip put 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil in her food everyday this will make her fur more manageable, and if her fur still has a tendancy too matt, rub the same oil in your hands and stroke her, it helps , so does a detangling spray for hair but again rub on your hands as you know they hate anything sprayable lol
    do wish you luck on this and hope you and your cat get sorted.
    regards claire (ukgalwaymcguire)

http://www.galway-spca.com/home.htm

Claire, thanks so much for your reply. Esp the veg oil tip, I will def try that.

She has a gorgeous coat, it's just she has developed the matt's since her spay op, when I couldn't groom her during her recovery. She's never had matt's prior to that. Amazing how fast they appear!

Funny it was a toss up between a Bengal and a Persian when I was buying. Both so diff, but both so beautiful!

Thanks again :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

doing a persian cat is entirely different too a dog, you could hurt her.

Think I'll just let that sit there.

:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement