Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malteaser's 50 Book Challenge

• 14-12-2008 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Great idea, nicked from here.

(1) Every Second Counts - Lance Armstrong with Sally Jenkins

I'm a little over half way through this, enjoyable enough book to read although I found it a bit boring for a few chapters when he gets into the nitty gritty of his training methods.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

(2) Globalization and its Discontents - Joseph Stiglitz

I finished Every Second Counts this afternoon so I'm moving swiftly onto the above book tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

The Stiglitz is great - it's just a pity that everything he has written since has been disappointing :(

The Stiglitz is great - it's just a pity that everything he has written since has been disappointing :(

I didn't really enjoy reading it all that much in the end. My reading kept getting interrupted and I found it difficult to get back into afterwards. :( I might give it another go when my exams are finished at the end of January.

(3) The Tales of Beedle The Bard - J.K Rowling

Really short, only took about 45 minutes to read but really enjoyable all the same.

(I'm a massive Harry Potter fan so I was always going to enjoy this book!! :o)

(4) The Secret - Rhonda Byrne

Let me start by saying that before I read this book, I hadn't the foggiest idea what it was about. I just saw it on the bookshelf at home and after hearing some hype about it, started to read. For some reason, I thought it might have been some sort of fantasy book, well at least that's the impression I got from the cover, needless to say I ended up disappointed. I really, really didn't like this book, I hate those self-help-think happy thoughts and you'll be mega rich/happy/skinny/loved up/intelligent-books, so I knew after the first page that I wasn't going to like it. I kept reading anyway - I hate to not finish a book that I've started!! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement