Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three awarded national contract.

• 15-12-2008 12:11am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Three mobile has been selected as the national broadband supplyer.

It will be contracted to supply broadband coverage to the whole of Ireland within the next 5years.

This will be by mobile broadband service which currently has 20euro for a 10gigabyte monthly limit , and extended mobile service also,

What do you all think about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Firstly, it's to provide broadband to the last 10% of the population that don't have it or something...
    And secondly, it really shows how uneducated the Government are in making these decisions. I have seen articles about this saying "critics say it will be as slow as dial-up" and those critics are bang on. It would have made much more sence to give it to someone, maybe Eircom or whoever, who would use Wimax or similar rather than 3G. Wimax would be much better in a situation like this, but I guess it's done now and there's nothing we can do really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

there's already a big thread about it in the broadband forum.. I think the consensus is that, all things considered, 3 might not have been the best choice

Advertisement