Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardcore!!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Are people getting hardcore confused with EMO and Blink182 and all that shiete?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

I think so man.
    people should no that hardcore influenced alot of heavy bands.

hardcore realy started all that angry aggresive music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Hardcore used to be great in the early days, before it was ruined by straight-edge bullsh!t. My fav hardcore bands of all time are Bad Brains, Black Flag and Reagan Youth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hardcore used to be great in the early days, before it was ruined by straight-edge bullsh!t.
    Why do you consider straight-edge to be bullshit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

I see an argument brewing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

I think Hardcore is always gonna have arguments, not just because of the straight-edge stuff. Like some people mention Black Flag, Minor Threat, Reagan Youth. I wouldn't call any of em Hardcore, I'd just call them punk, where's I'd call Cro-Mags, Murphy's Law and Ludichrist hardcore. I couldn't tell ya why really, I think it might be to do with time scale. My 2 cents anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the three greatest hardcore bands yet:

1. Dillinger Escape Plan
    2. Poison the Well
    3. Refused

All my opinion and noway the definitive list.

anyone here, wanna play guitar for a hardcore band???
    :)
    gwaaaaaaaaan!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭nillox

i love hardcore/metalcore stuff but i absolutly hate hardcore dancing. it ruins everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nillox wrote: »
    it ruins everything.

Its stupid alrite,at least you can laugh at the twats doing it :pac:

• Advertisement

I see an argument brewing.
    If that's in reference to my post then I hope there won't be an argument and I'm certainly not going to look for one. I would just like Black NG-60-90 to expand on their comment a bit.
    xseanx wrote: »
    anyone here, wanna play guitar for a hardcore band???
    gwaaaaaaaaan!
    I would give it a go for a laugh but you're in Dublin and I'm in Galway so it would be difficult to meet up for a jam ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

I can see why so many people were and continue to be pissed off at the Straight Edge scene. The SxE has become so rigid and uncompromising, almost to the point of unthinking adherence. This scene was spawned by the Punk scene but it seems to fly in the face of the values that Punk held so highly like individuality, autonomy and choice. Living your life as a vegan, alcohol and drug free is laudable enough but others have to have the choice of doing the opposite without having to answer to the thought police that patrol the scene. People who try to live on the moral high ground for too long usually come crashing back down to earth with a bang.

nillox wrote: »
    i love hardcore/metalcore stuff but i absolutly hate hardcore dancing. it ruins everything.

Then you dont ''love'' hardcore.

anti-venom wrote: »
    I can see why so many people were and continue to be pissed off at the Straight Edge scene. The SxE has become so rigid and uncompromising, almost to the point of unthinking adherence. This scene was spawned by the Punk scene but it seems to fly in the face of the values that Punk held so highly like individuality, autonomy and choice. Living your life as a vegan, alcohol and drug free is laudable enough but others have to have the choice of doing the opposite without having to answer to the thought police that patrol the scene. People who try to live on the moral high ground for too long usually come crashing back down to earth with a bang.

Very well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Why not? Is it not possible to enjoy the music without the dancing? Balderdash I say, that's elitist nonsense.

Why? What does the dancing have to do with the music?

I love metal but you won't find me anywhere near a mosh pit by choice. If I'm at a metal gig it's to listen to the music and check out the musicians, not to play "Dodge the sweaty bloke's elbows and fists".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

malice_ wrote: »
    If that's in reference to my post then I hope there won't be an argument and I'm certainly not going to look for one. I would just like Black NG-60-90 to expand on their comment a bit.
    QUOTE]

Well it is of course a reference, but not meant in a malicious fashion. More of a general statement. I was alluding to an eventual discussion about straight-edge-edness, which generally results in disputes. Nothing against you man!

anti-venom wrote: »
    That's very well put. Are there many straight-edge adherents in Ireland? Given our pre-disposition in general to getting drunk I would be surprised if there were many. I can easily imagine how people would get on their high horse with it but assuming they don't I can only admire someone who lives their life drug and alcohol free.

Well it is of course a reference, but not meant in a malicious fashion. More of a general statement. I was alluding to an eventual discussion about straight-edge-edness, which generally results in disputes. Nothing against you man!
    Fair enough, I suppose what I meant was that I don't feel particularly strong about it one way or another so I wasn't going to be getting into defending one side or another :).

I love metal but you won't find me anywhere near a mosh pit by choice. If I'm at a metal gig it's to listen to the music and check out the musicians, not to play "Dodge the sweaty bloke's elbows and fists".

Yes you have a point,
    And im totaly the same at metal gigs.

But hardcore shoes are total opposite, their supposed to be fun.
    and the dancing adds to it.

I dont no how someone could just stand there at a show,
    without throwing down, and doing a few windwills.

It's gass craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Any hardcore fans on this forum??

Yes.

check out my band www.myspace.com/onlyfumesandcorpses

• Advertisement

dantbyhid wrote: »

<3 this band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Windmills are retarded. Music gets you animated but how the **** does the motion of windmills get influenced by any kind of music? You look like a downey having a fit. On the other hand i dont know what is worse...everyone standing still like planks, or that windmill rubbish.
    without throwing down,

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Yes you have a point,
    And im totaly the same at metal gigs.

But hardcore shoes are total opposite, their supposed to be fun.
    and the dancing adds to it.

I dont no how someone could just stand there at a show,
    without throwing down, and doing a few windwills.

It's gass craic.

Hardcore shows are supposed to be fun yes, I get that, but I dont really get how windmilling adds to the fun, when I go to a gig, I pay to see the band, no flail my fúcking arms around pissing everyone who is just enjoying the show.

See this:

Proper fúcking order, I'm going to a gig on Wednesday night, it cant be mentioned for obvious enough reasons, but there's gonna be asshats like that there. I'm gonna have to restrain myself not to take that attitude with them!

Another problem with moshing at shows:
    I was at the last ROI Steer Clear show (not hardcore I know, but its a good example). some kids start moshing, security intervene, band says theyre just having a good time and ya know strength in numbers, kids continue to mosh with security in the pit getting pushed into. Yer man was spat at, and pushed around by a couple of kids, no real harm done. But the problem is, there more people defy venue rules, the more resistant the venue will be to holding a gig of that nature again(making it harder to hold under 18's shows which alot of hardcore shows are), and this was a pop punk band.

Who knows what it would have been like for hardcore.

Hardcore dancing also makes you look like a complete and utter penis too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Pussy

OLP wrote: »
    Pussy

I agree

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I dont like pits either,too many rough god ****es in them that act the magot.

Advertisement