Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need some testers for new tilt-shift web tool

• 15-12-2008 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a few (maybe 10 or so) testers for a new site that helps you make tilt-shift style fake miniatures. You needn't have used/known about this effect already - in fact ideally I'm looking for a mix of different types of people who are already interested in photography and post-processing etc.

Just want people to play around with it, see if they can break anything (shouldn't be too hard..) and give general feedback.

Please PM me for the site address, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Moonstar

Thanks to all who replied so far - I still need a few more testers.

(If you make a nice photo you can get a link to your website/photo page from the gallery.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Can't get it to work at all, either with FF3 or IE7. I upload the photo, it displays the left hand pane with the focus and then just hangs with the little "whirly-gig" in the preview pane. IE reports a script error by the way ...

Line: 31
    Char: 3
    Error: 'null' is null or not an object
    Code: 0
    URL: http://tiltshiftmaker.com/ \photo-processing.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I have tried it on few pictures and this is just a preview given on that page. Still nice picture processing.

7e173e83aea1a7ac9f857f892d7335a5-out.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Here's one I made.

3118255275_2d2740396a_o.jpg

Site worked without issue for me.

Nice pics :)

Thanks for the error report Alun, PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

had a go. very simple and nice results.

For my attempt i took the highest office of our land and well..... basically reduced it to a dolls house :rolleyes:

68752.jpg

That's class, ACD!
    Really does look like a doll's house.

Works for me now, but only if I link to a photo on the web. Uploading an image still doesn't work for me.

Having some trouble finding suitable images though, although this one is reasonable .. Whitby Abbey in North Yorkshire

okaflw.jpg

That looks good, Alun.
    Must take a trip up there in the new year. :)

City-Exile wrote: »
    That looks good, Alun.
    Must take a trip up there in the new year. :)
    I see you're in Bradford! Lucky guy! Yorkshire has to be one of my favourite places in the world. Have you been to the Yorkshire Dales yet? Fantastic photo opportunities there too, especially in the winter and there's snow. East coast is great too .. Whitby, Robin Hood's Bay, Runswick Bay etc.

• Advertisement

Check out my flickr, Alun.
    There's shots from Bolton Abbey, Shipley, Saltaire, Keighley and Cottingley.
    Will head north in the New Year, and take in York too.
    When the snow came down, it was too dangerous to drive.

City-Exile wrote: »
    Check out my flickr, Alun.
    There's shots from Bolton Abbey, Shipley, Saltaire, Keighley and Cottingley.
    Will head north in the New Year, and take in York too.
    When the snow came down, it was too dangerous to drive.
    Very nice! I've got gazillions of photos of that part of the world too, just haven't got around to uploading any to my pix.ie account. I really must get around to it sometime but I'm just too critical of my own stuff to decide whats worth putting up.

Thanks all for testing again...

For anyone who was having problems with it, there were some bugs related to uploading files which had non-alphanumeric characters in them (eg ampersands, dots etc)

This would cause either the preview to stall and give a Javascriıpt error (in IE) or the fullsize download to be 0 bytes.

These should be fixed now.

If anyone else would like to try it, the site is here. If you find a problem, please send me a PM, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Eppie

Here's a couple of mine, it worked well for me, great fun!

3124274427_3742bd94c9.jpg

3125099810_63f6a7b27d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

hey,

im trying to download a pic i created on this site, when i click 'download this image' and then double click on the file name its completley black (all white)

Im using Motzilla. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

All worked well for me - thanks - no issues or breakages at all!

Here's a before and after. Not a great subject to start with, and I'd need to play a bit more to get used to it, but I'm theoretically packing a suitcase at the moment and NOT fiddling with the computer :)

Before:
    3124363325_be9a44bd62.jpg

After:
    3125189246_437fa59167.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Generalissimo

Cool tool, I'll be referring friends to your site :) I prefer the extra control over the degree of blur and image saturation that Photoshop gives me but if I didn't have Photoshop I'd definitely use your site.

Thanks very much for that, good to hear it :)

Ok I think it's good to go.. .thanks all for testing!

Here's one I did, it's near the dock front in Barcelona, taken from the top of the Monument to Columbus at the end of Las Ramblas.

3144535496_4614398140.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

It worked mostly for me with one exception. This file Seaside - bay I found for testing from the Internet. The preview works fine. But when I download the large image to my comp it comes back as a 0 bytes file.....

Maybe its something to do with the original file format or something... Tried with both IE7 and Firefox on Vista, but somehow, I don't think this is a client problem... Then again, what do I know....:confused:

Hope this helps

Dave OS

Yep.. that helped a lot! Embarrassingly stupid bug involving assumptions about the lowercase-ness of the filename extension :o (It's true what they say about assumptions..)

If you try now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Oh... the trials and tribulations of a programmer. :confused:

Cheers
    Dave OS

Would just like to say thanks again to all who tested the site, it's been mentioned on boingboing.net today and is currently riding high in the "delicious.com/popular" page.

The server pretty much melted after the boingboing article. :o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pretty nifty tool! Here is one of mine, Heidelberg in Germany.

040727_17R_tiltshift.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Meant to stick these up a while ago:)

Ballroom in Charleville

A30EE163ED824EDBAF0DB298F73261E3-500.jpg

Galerie de la Reine, Brussels

5D14DFB449364BE98B951C28A9956929-500.jpg

Advertisement