Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vrt rates

Options
  • 15-12-2008 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

here is a vrt quote i got
    DATE: 14 December 2008 TIME: 23:36

STATISTICAL CODE: 40386342
    MAKE: BMW
    MODEL: 318 E46
    VERSION: 1.9I SE 04DR / SALOON / MANUAL / PETROL ONLY /
    CO2 EMISSIONS: 188
    MILEAGE: 104000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JANUARY 2000

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €6585
    RATE OF TAX: 28%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €1843
    Now. my problem is these bmw's are costing less than 3200 at the moment! why the hell should i pay tax on something they are asuming is 6585. do they not know their is a recession going on?!

rant over... for now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Short answer.........this is Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

The best thing to do is to wait until the new year. It's the most likely point that Revenue will review their OMSP on vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I have heard that you can 'question' the accuracy of their OMP, if you have evidence that X car is not worth as much as they say. I'm guessing you would need evidence of a large number of X cars being sold for cheaper.

Some one else may give more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

is it maybe that the 'open market price' is the price you would get if you were to sell it over here after importing it. i.e - if you were to go out and buy one here it would cost about 6000.
    if so its obvious that this is to stop you making a profit from importing cars.
    personally im also very very .......fudging disgusted at the vrt too. im now having to compromise by buying here with double the milage, older vehicle and fewer features just to stay within my budget. they wanted to charge me 35 percent why oh why is absolutely everything without exception in this shiphole of a country a huge ripoff.

mine - 8k in uk , after vrt - 15000:eek:, 5500 applied, STATISTICAL CODE: 40987005 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

4200 is the price here with vrt. check carzone.ie. loads of beemers for cheap. yet vw are more expensive lol!

Quinn will insure me for a month with uk plates.... how can i extend that. by alot:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,461 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

2Shae wrote: »
    Quinn will insure me for a month with uk plates.... how can i extend that. by alot:P

Are you aware that you need to register the car within a day of importing it? If you don't, you could be fined and the car could be confiscated (even when parked on private land).

the car i want is allready imported into ireland
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/318i-SE/200847190968059/advert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

first off, have you rang the mobile numbers, are they real, there are a lot of scammers out there.

plus his price doesn't include VRT

i know it doesnt include vrt. hence the vrt quote. and ive been pricing in the uk and i can get them cheaper than that. i just want to wait for that dam vrt cost to drop a bit. its bloody hard to get a loan right now but i have enough for the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Senna wrote: »
    I have heard that you can 'question' the accuracy of their OMP, if you have evidence that X car is not worth as much as they say. I'm guessing you would need evidence of a large number of X cars being sold for cheaper.

Some one else may give more info.

In order to do that though you have to pay it first and then appeal with no guarantee you will be successful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement