Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Update

• 15-12-2008 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I bought my iphone unlocked running 1.1.4 and have not bothered updating it to 2.2 now it is

if i choose to update it to 2.2 i know ill lose my music, vids etc... but will it become locked again? and is it easy to unlock after?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,995 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You won't lose music if you back it up first. As for the lock, how was it unlocked? Illegaly as in original iPhone or bought from italy in the case of the iPhone 3G?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭shinnerssc

Since the weekend I have updated to 2.2 for 1.1.4. As you can imagine I've downloaded a load of things! However now I am having problems with the "phone" icon. When I click it it opens and then crashes back to the homescreen in a matter or seconds, there is no text where it should say contacts, faves etc either, this has therefore affected when I make calls as now when I make a call no call details come up, all I can see is my home screen which therefore means I can not put the call on loudspeaker, mute or even hang up!! ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

well the iphone i have is a original a T and T 1, the guy i bough it off got it in the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No you won't lose everything, and yes you can unlock it quite easily.

Have a look at the 1st Gen iPhone thread - all the links/details are in there. It takes all of 15mins.

Advertisement