Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should I be paying for replacement window pane.

• 15-12-2008 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Arrived home to find this:
    http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/proud_darcy/?action=view&current=DSCF1231.jpg

The window is double glazed PVC.
    The pane is approximately 16cm wide x 110cm tall.

I have no idea how much this should cost and don't want to be taken for a ride by the glaziers for supply and fitting.

I have to say I've been fairly lucky. The local scum have been throwing stones at that window for the last six years and this is the first time they've managed to break it.

Ho! Ho! Ho! Greetings from Blanch!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

well my window broke and I was charge 80 euro its about your size. There are sealed unit so they have to come out and measure .... and then they will make and fit.

You could ask for toughend glass so that it will be harder to break (more money)

Just phone a few places give them the dimentiosn and Im sure they can give you a ballpark figure....

Pilkinton is a good make of glass see if they use them

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jorgejuan

Just had two broken panes in an old upstairs sash window replaced for 60 e there by Peter who works the d15 area, very sound honest chap, number is 0872901214, sorry to bump an old thread but felt i had to recommend him to future searchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 the mucker

recently got 45X90cm double glazed unit for €35 but had to fit myself.

Advertisement