Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egyptian Reporter Throws Shoes At Dubya.

Options
  • 15-12-2008 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

I suppose I should not find this funny, but I did snigger.

CrooksandLiars has more.

I'm surprised at how slow the SS seemed to be in reacting to this. I'm glad that no harm came to him, much as I despise him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

If a mod can sort out the YT embedding above and delete this post, I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

bushshoeeo8.jpg

I found it quite funny. Love how he is so calm and collected after it. Almost like he is used to it. Any childs hero. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

3111997293_bfba14d18d.jpg

(Today's Laugh-Out-Loud Cats from Hobotopia)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/12/15/iraq-shoe-tosser-guy.html

:)

I thought it was a funny and apt way for an Arab guy to vent his frustration. It just made Bush look pathetic, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Here are some more GIFs and a film :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

I received instructions via PM on how to change the post, but I'm no longer able to edit it myself, in any case.

Bush certainly has good reactions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Well he has dodged a bullet for many years now, shoes would be a piece of cake.
    Have to say , i admire his humour , that's a cracking smile he gives just after the first shoe.:D

yeah, it seemed like he thought he was playing a game or something..ah bless him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Kazaap

I was amazed at his reactions, he was abit like a boxer. The reporter seems like abit of a looney to me though. He handed a note to a friend before he went in saying something like 'its glorious to die a martyer'. So his glorious act was.......throwing his shoes at someone. right ok :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Just as an update, the reporter is filing for asylum in Switzerland.
    Apparently he "can no longer work as a journalist without suffering horrible pressure." I don't think this is usually grounds for granting asylum, but anyway.

I'm guessing that none of the Arab countries want him?

NTM

• Advertisement
Advertisement