Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronic From Dublin - Opinions?

• 15-12-2008 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

www.myspace.com/smackapple

will have more songs up soon.

Just need some criticism!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

cillow wrote: »

will have more songs up soon.

Just need some criticism!

Thanks!

that tune needs a lot more work. it seems very disjointed. Keep at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

that tune needs a lot more work. it seems very disjointed. Keep at it.
    yep have to agree,it jumps pace too quick.bit too repetitive too for my liking.
    but keep at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

not my cup of tea, the synths need more work definitely, they sound very average at best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Sounds pretty good, synths are a bit dull though and the arrangement as others have said doesn't flow as well as it could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cillow

thanks for the replys lads , as you can tell ive only started trying electronic and synth stuff! im an extreme beginner! whats the best way to get good synth sounds?!

• Advertisement

Layering different sounds/synths is a good way of them fattening up. For example you could split a bass into 3 parts, the low end, the mid range and the high end. Applying different fx's or using different synths on each freq band. This is used a lot in drum and bass for those massive bass leads (reeces).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Not really my cup of tea but not too bad an effort for a first timer, keep on working away man you'll get there;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Are you playing/programming the synth at the beginning yourself? or is it a sample?

If you played/programmed that bit, fair dues.

The drums are very weak and poor sounding though. Particularly the snare in the first half of the tune. And as the others have said it's a bit disjointed overall.

What are you using to program/produce?

koHd wrote: »
    Are you playing/programming the synth at the beginning yourself? or is it a sample?

If you played/programmed that bit, fair dues.

The drums are very weak and poor sounding though. Particularly the snare in the first half of the tune. And as the others have said it's a bit disjointed overall.

What are you using to program/produce?

to be honest i probly do it arse ways , i wrote all the tracks on Guitar pro, then exported the MIDI , which i importd into Reason , and used the synth samples out of that! its probly the worst way of doing things! but i dont know any better! :)

Anima wrote: »
    Layering different sounds/synths is a good way of them fattening up. For example you could split a bass into 3 parts, the low end, the mid range and the high end. Applying different fx's or using different synths on each freq band. This is used a lot in drum and bass for those massive bass leads (reeces).
    good tip although id like to say that you shouldnt really add effects to the low end spectrum,maybe distortion or a small bit of reverb but not stuff like delays or choruses.putting those type of effects will muddy the bottom up no end.mid and high is cool but imo on the low low is a no no,yo yo:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

track's got good energy. i would say the drums are the weakest aspect. rest sounds pretty decent.
    for this type of music the beats have to be strong.

seannash wrote: »
    good tip although id like to say that you shouldnt really add effects to the low end spectrum,maybe distortion or a small bit of reverb but not stuff like delays or choruses.putting those type of effects will muddy the bottom up no end.mid and high is cool but imo on the low low is a no no,yo yo:D

Sorry I said that wrong. I meant lower end, as in the bass region (100-400hz say). Anything below that should be left for the sub bass / kick.

Just put up another song there, thanks for the comments so far any advice is very much appreciated.

let me know what you think you the song i jsut put up, its called Inside out.

Thanks

hmm not to be too negative but its just a leadline with some very sparse drums and percussion.id work at maybe developing a lead line and seperate bassline.also a bit more percussion.

also if you want people to eventually play your tracks start them with drums and not a synth solo.

Put up a newer idea there , was really just trying to get better sounding samples and percussion to be honest.

just need some criticism!

its the first song up there

Advertisement