Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ'ing

Options
  • 15-12-2008 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I really want to get into DJ'ing. I saw an advertisement ages ago for classes.. Did anyone ever do anything like that? Anyone have any advice for equipment and stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I've been djing for 9 years. Pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a look at DJ forum, start here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Classes? To DJ? Sweet jebus. If you have an ear for beats and the equipment the rest follows with some practice. Unless your talking about more of a scratch/hip hop thing.

Best tip is the use of tape on a 12" to create loops :). Always handy on JP II's 12" of his visit to Ireland "The drugs, the sex, the lies. Young people of Ireland, I love you!" If I got my hands on the bast that robbed that record on me...

Been so long since I stood behind a set of decks I would not be able to advise other than SL1210's are still nyom. But then again all the DJ's these days seem to be working off CD/MP3.

Advertisement