Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy desktop PC w/o monitor and keyboard?

Options
  • 15-12-2008 3:16am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Sorry for this noobish question.
    But say I have the monitor and keyboard but looking for the computer itself with processor, RAM, graphics card etc where would be the best places to look?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Whats it for?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Whats it for?

Well basically I bought a spanking new 24" monitor as detailed in the bargain alerts section.
    I plan on using it with my laptop and my xbox 360.

However since my laptop isn't great(Dual Core 1.86/2GB RAM,120Gb hard drive.14" screen), I was thinking of getting a base system is one is available cheap enough.

I play some games on PC(mainly WOW) so games performance is a factor, but obviously nothing too fancy.

Just looking for something with increased performance with a better graphics card than my laptop(my laptop has a ****e intel GMA 950 and even with settings down to lowest WOW only runs @ about 15 FPS and much less in busy places)

I assume you want it prebuilt, and not one you build yourself?

And what sort of price range?

Advertisement