Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ROR question - CIE Bus

Options
  • 15-12-2008 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Right, I know that CIE Busses have the right of way when pulling out of a stop. At least this is what my instructor told me.

Now, I was driving up a street this morning. The bus was pulling out on the left and turn right, going accross me.

The driver seemed to be under the impression that he had the complete right of way and continued to pull out when I was about to pass him. I broke in time to avoid an accident. I was kinda shocked tbh. I was full sure he wouldn't have pulled out considering how close I was.

So, was he in his right ? I seriously doubt it but anyways.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

CIE Buses or any bus for that matter do not have an expemption to the rules of the road and don't have any right of way to pull-out into traffic - unless indicated by a road sign / marking. What it is is courtesy to let them pull out. It's hard enough to drive something like that and the amount of muppets that they meet is incredibble.

When most people see a bus trying to pull out in front of them they will accelerarte and try to prevent the bus from getting in front of them as they don't like the view. Knowing this, Bus drivers have to be more 'progressive' when trying to merge. This driver this morning was probably a little too 'progressive'. Either way unless there was a road sign or marking granting him right of way or you had a yield or stop, it was a mistake.

Generally I have found Bus drivers to be quite good (they are professionals after all) but they do of course make mistakes.

Advertisement