Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Wii Package

• 15-12-2008 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

With all the potential packages around, my head is a daze with all the different options.

Smyths alone have about four different packages. Realistically looking for the best package with a Wii, extra controller, and a game or two. Not sure if the Mega Accessories pack is worth it or is Wii Play is worth getting in a pack either.

Should I just go for the bog standard packages and then buy the accessories myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

Go up North.

The Wii by itself up there is £159 = €176

http://www.smythstoys.com/nintendo-wii/wii-console-d09023pd.aspx?qwSessionID=537a5e0c-610a-48cd-b7a1-28d7ecb277cb

Games / Controllers etc and packages are similarly cheap.

The Wii on it's own down here in Smyths is €269 - almost €100 more.

You would be mad buying it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Got one myself in HMV over the weekend - €269 standard Wii package + Mario Kart + Fifa 09. Thats a good price IMO considering the games. Some bundles are offering choices from old/inferior games - at least these 2 games are good as far as I can see (haven't played them myself, just from reading reviews).

Note that Fifa 09 was out of stock in HMV, but I was told that more are on order. You can always opt for Tiger Woods instead.

The Mega Accessories pack looks good, but I wonder is it really necessary, or just a gimmick? I think I'd rather have an extra game over the pack.

Advertisement