Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone restricted - what's the code?

• 15-12-2008 11:14am

Took sim card from my semi decent phone that's banjaxed and and put it in some cheap old Nokia, which I will use until I'm entitled to an upgrade. Getting a message saying 'phone restricted' followed by 'enter restriction code'. What is that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You need to get the phone unlocked, do you know what network it was previously on?, let's say it vodafone, you can call there customer care and they might give you the unlock code if they have it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

what type of phone is it? if you take off the battery there should be some information under it. it should say model:XXXX

Rang O2/Speakeasy. Many questions later the guy tells me that that particular model (it's the cheapest) can't get unlocked without having something like €150 credit on it. At the moment, it has about €10...

Did get the PUK no., but O2 rep said this would have no relevance.

and that model would be........

yes the puk code is irrelevant

the reason i ask is that if this model is old enough and you give me the phone's serial number (also printed on the back) it's quite likely i can give you the unlock code two minutes later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rang O2/Speakeasy. Many questions later the guy tells me that that particular model (it's the cheapest) can't get unlocked without having something like €150 credit on it. At the moment, it has about €10...

The puk code isnt anything related to this.

The credit amount relates to what you have spent since you got the phone, and not what amount is currently on the phone.

As sam said, if its an old model the unlock code can be found online within a few minutes free of charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

not having €150 credit on it. unlock codes will be given after €150 worth of topups in the past. last week, last month, last year...

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    and that model would be........

Its a Nokia RM-340 Model 2600c-2.

Just went to a mobile shop where they let me borrow a temp mobile while mine being repaired. So the crisis hass passed. But thanks for the help anyway.

Advertisement