Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pixmania laptops (and others) - dell inspiron 515 delivered.

• 15-12-2008 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Just bought this
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2108745/art/dell/inspiron-1525-red.html

A 3gb dual core inspiron, for 500 euro.

I also bought an ipod shuffle (35 euro)
    and a nokia 1209 (uber basic) phone for mammy (30 euro)

DHL 3-4 day shipping 14.90

587.80 the lot (including some zen engagement nonsense).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

You can remove the Zen Engagement nonsense.

I've used Pixmania many times with no problem, but apparently if something goes wrong with either the order process or the product then they're a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭euph

This whole order verification stuff annoys me.

I ordered stuff from them a couple of years ago, got a phone call about 7am the next morning, demanding I confirm my credit card number, cue me running around the house looking for my wallet. I asked him to call me back he said "he's a very busy man"

There's a two year warranty but if they're a nightmare to deal with then maybe that's not great?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I hate the way that "zen management" yokey is automatically put into your basket and if you havent seen it before it's difficult to remove. Ive dealt with them before, quick delivery, never had reason to go back to them though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

U defo got a good deal there man! I bough the 1525 only a few weeks back off the Dell outlet store. Mine has a Dual Core Celeron and 2GB RAM and it was €540 delivered!! Me feels ripped of now...... :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Are all their mobile phones unlocked?....

• Advertisement

lads with the current 90p to a euro, buying laptops off ebuyer seems excellent value for money
    look at this http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152233

works out at about 476 euro, inlcuding the 15 pound shipping

great buy if you ask me and its hp, plenty of other good laptops on this site as well

Got this one http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Compaq_Presario_CQ60-107EA_Laptop_FW758EA/version.asp delivered for €397. It has an integrated webcam and a HDMI port.......spent €540 on the bleedin' Dell 1525 and the only reason I bought it was the HDMI out.....ah well.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

lads with the current 90p to a euro, buying laptops off ebuyer seems excellent value for money
    look at this http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152233

works out at about 476 euro, inlcuding the 15 pound shipping

great buy if you ask me and its hp, plenty of other good laptops on this site as well

I bought this too, great laptop.Much much better than the Compaq one posted above this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Slightly off topic, does anyone where I can get a laptop with windows xp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Got this too!
    Sold out now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

DID have the sony vaio

3GB Ram
    windows vista prem
    core duo
    250GB

569yoyos

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

Bros123 wrote: »
    Got this too!
    Sold out now.

Just had a look and they have 100 in stock now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

madmoe wrote: »
    Got this one http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Compaq_Presario_CQ60-107EA_Laptop_FW758EA/version.asp delivered for €397. It has an integrated webcam and a HDMI port.......spent €540 on the bleedin' Dell 1525 and the only reason I bought it was the HDMI out.....ah well.....

Its down to €339 + shipping now.

Bugger it!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

With reference to Pixmania being a nightmare if anything goes wrong with the product.......... I bought a digital camera from Pixmania last year and the instruction manual came in French! There was no way they would arrange for me to get me the manual in English. I told them the camera was useless to me without a manual I could read but they were no help to me whatsoever even when I threatened returning it. I found the manual after trawling the net in the end thankfully. Piss poor customer service in this instance. Did save a good bit on the camera though

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dc2

If you are buying from Pixmaina and your purchase becomes defective forget about the warranty. I have just spend 4 months trying to get a replacement camera. I returned the defective camera and 3 months later they sent it back to me with a description of the fault and a note saying it is is not repairable. Despite numerous requests via their website 'email' query facility I have just received bland responses that dont address the issue. Still no replacement camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dc2

Meant to ask in my last post - has anybody got any suggestioins as to how i might get an intelligent response from Pixmania and my defective camera replaced under warranty.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Have you tried dealing with the manufacturer. Hardly ideal but might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

hi can i ask how you paid for goods on ebuyer.com.
    Was it through Paypal as it says on website that it does not accept any cards issued outside of the UK??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

elainee40 wrote: »
    hi can i ask how you paid for goods on ebuyer.com.
    Was it through Paypal as it says on website that it does not accept any cards issued outside of the UK??
    I tried 3 times over the last 2 weeks with ebuyer and just gave up in the end. I tried regular checkout and that failed then I tried using paypal that failed first cause my paypal address was not verified , I then followed the due process to verify my address in my paypal account and reordered and it failed again....Seems quite difficult to order fromt hem if you are outside the UK. On all occassions they took the money from my account and then refunded me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

truthfully I think one of the better buys for a laptop at the moment is this hp bluray laptop at £470 it is pretty good value for what you get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

DID have the sony vaio

3GB Ram
    windows vista prem
    core duo
    250GB

569yoyos
    This one?
    http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/asp/versions.asp?rewrite=Sony_VAIO_NS10L-S_VGNNS10L-S.CEK&pagetype=version&page=

Advertisement