Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VGA game awards...the teasers!

Options
  • 15-12-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so VGA awards were last night (didnt even bother to see who won, dont care)

What I do care about where the little premieres shown at the show that are now up at: www.gametrailers.com

for the most part they are a bit anti-climatic

GOW 3 and uncharted pretty much stayed the course of looking like the AAA titles everyone expects them to be. Though GOW 3 while ticking all the right spots didnt have any *WOW* sneak tibits (like collosus which featured heavily in GOW 2 early advertisments). Uncharted looks to continue to deliver naughty dogs storytelling.

I dont think anybody cares about the two movie tie ins. Watchmen looks like a bad idea and while Terminator looks like it could be fun it has a bad track record (nothing good since future shock :( ) to deal with.

Dantes Inferno is EA's challange to GOW 3 and is sorta zzz

Gears 2 map-pack is a letdown bit pricey. But at least it shows Gears 2 will have alot of support.

The highlight for myself though...

Mafia 2!!!!

fantastic teaser, looks to just like the original hit the story element spot on and looks more like goodfellas then anything else. Which cant be a bad thing. The trailer that had me most stoked by far.

The GTA downloadable content is notable for pretty much one thing. Its downloadable content! The trailer gives the impression that there will be alot to this plot wise with cutscenes and new content, its rather impressive for simply download extras. If it works I expect GTA4 to get alot bigger and better over time with more and more content being added.

*DOH*

forgot the brutal legend trailer.

gameplay looks average.

But the humour looks as expected to be top notch.

But, maybe people have learned their lesson from psychonauts and will give this one a go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the gow 3 looks epic

its going to be interesting story line

last time i saw kratos he was with the
    titans marching to mount Olympus

and Uncharted 2 looks brilliant

can't wait

big fan of both games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

gow/gow2 delievered the best ps2 performance graphics,hope gow3 will do the same,or else.....what i mean is the trailer looks like an early development,nothing exciting so far.please get my excited when next time it is showed!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mafia 2, well I'll be damned. I completely forgot about that game. It certainly looks like quality. The first had a very compelling storyline & equally compelling and detailed city. But a lot like Assassin's Creed, there was nothing to do outside of the missions except drive around.

As for Watchmen. Jeeeeesus. Milhouse's "Watchmen Babies" doesn't seem so farcical now.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Watchmenbabies.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Storywise God of War lost the plot in the second installment. It didn't matter though since they took the gameplay and spectacle of the first game and turned it up past 11. I'm hoping the new one on new hardware will do just the same.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Shame on me I guess, I have yet to play any of the God or War games either on the PS2 or PSP and I hear they are pretty much some of the finest games those platforms have to offer. Must get around to picking them up second hand.

Thumbs up for Mafia 2. I think the first one was great.

Also I very much enjoyed Uncharted so if the second one plays like the first I will pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

There's some pretty incredible direct feed screens from Uncharted 2 here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14015473&postcount=1

Different stuff from what's in the teaser. A taste:

capture2yo2.jpg

Artwork for the same bit for comparison:

28k2fx4.jpg

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

Yeah, Looking forward to Mafia 2! The number of nights I stayed up late smoking and drinking playing the first one. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Mafia 2, from what I gather from speaking to a guy who worked on the original the team was mostly gutted and the new game is being entirely publisher driven, hoping to pump out something that will sell based on the name alone. But then that could just be his perspective.

Can't say I was that impressed with any of the trailers to be honest. Uncharted 2 looks fantastic but that's to be expected, I was hoping for some hints at the new gameplay types (stealth and free climbing). Everything else was a bit meh. I was disappointed by the GTA trailer especially, there was nothing to it at all really. Especially with the fact it's only DLC, it needed to show a new vehicle or anything new to make it stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Advertisement