Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 and network issues in Greystones / north County Wicklow

• 15-12-2008 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi,

For about 2 weeks now I've not been able to get reliable coverage with 3 in the Greystones and north County Wicklow area. Though I get signal bars, I can only occasionally make any calls, the majority of the time yielding a "connection error" on my Nokia N95. From work, in Dublin, the network works just fine, which kind of rules out the phone itself being faulty.

I've been on to the infamous 3 tech support guys, who are courteous but ultimately have no teeth. They mentioned a "hardware issue" in the Greystones area, but do not have any time frame on a resolution now, despite them telling me last week that it'll be rectified in "2 days". :(

Anybody else having issues in this area and 3?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

eko wrote: »
    despite them telling me last week that it'll be rectified in "2 days". :(

i have no help for you but just wanted to point out that that is their standard reply to any problem that they can't help with. would i be right in saying that the words they used were "24 to 48 hours"?

chances are there was no known hardware issue too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's good you logged the issue with them, chase it up again in 2 days if your still having a problem, I used my phone in greystones a good bit and never had any real issues...

all networks have problems now and again, 3 are doing alot of upgrading at them moment, it might have something to do with it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

You gotta love that about 3 I had a similar issue and they told me it was a harware problem on there side, they couldn't tell me when it would be fixed they said it could take up to 2 weeks or 3 weeks it only took about 6 weeks in the end but at least they kinda half fixed it... Why does it take them so long to solve network issues surly its in there own interest to get it fix A.S.A.P there loosing revenue while its down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

if it's there own network there pretty quick to fix it once the issue is identified, those ones that take 6 weeks etc, the problem could be with Vodafone masts which 3 engineers have no control over...

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i have no help for you but just wanted to point out that that is their standard reply to any problem that they can't help with. would i be right in saying that the words they used were "24 to 48 hours"?

chances are there was no known hardware issue too

Hmm.. certainly rings a bell. He did seem to be very reluctant to check further, simply stating the hardware problems were going to be fixed, but without a time frame.

I understand hardware issues occur, but I think some sort of explanation of the issue plus a rough estimate on time to get it sorted might be nice. It does sound like he was simply wanting to get rid of me off of the phone. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

if it's there own network there pretty quick to fix it once the issue is identified, those ones that take 6 weeks etc, the problem could be with Vodafone masts which 3 engineers have no control over...

When this happened I was lucky Vodafone was working otherwise I would have been without my phone for the 6weeks.

Advertisement