Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slutty Christmas tree

Options
  • 15-12-2008 11:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I started putting up my Christmas tree yesterday and it looks goergeous! Im so chuffed wth it....but........my Italian housemate chose all the baubles last year (Typical Italian girl - wouldnt let us near the design end of things, we just got sent around the shops) and little bits and bobs - and I have to hand it to her, hers looked alot classier than mine. :pac:

Anyway, heres a photo. No matter how much I move stuff around, it looks nowhere near as good as hers - and I managed to break the top bit so its just sitting at an odd angle and will prolly fall off and kill the cat at some point over the Christmas. *

Anyone got a nice tree I can rob ideas from? The Italian is coming over on Saturday and I want it to look great.

*or I will get drunk and hug it and break it again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

I just do baubles. And a gold theme. My first ever christmas tree!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Few more in AH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

just do baubles. And a gold theme. My first ever christmas tree!!!

Now youre making me look even worse! Its lovely :D

Thanks Biko - just saw it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Deepsense, it's hard to tell from the picture, but your tree looks beautiful! Forget the Italian...if she says anything mean, call her a commie and send her packing! :pac::D

Deepsense, it's hard to tell from the picture, but your tree looks beautiful! Forget the Italian...if she says anything mean, call her a commie and send her packing!

Aw - thank you PillyPen. Ill take all the compliments I can get on it :)

call her a commie and send her packing!

No - she would beat me to a pulp and use me as human tinzil. (Shes teeny but she used to be a bodybuilder :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Deepsense wrote: »
    No - she would beat me to a pulp and use me as human tinzil. (Shes teeny but she used to be a bodybuilder :pac:)

You're living with G'em?:D

:D
    You're living with G'em?

I was going to put a note saying it wasnt G'em!

Too late. :(

Deepsense wrote: »

Human tinsel, eh? That is harsh. She sounds truly frightening. In that case, if she says anything mean, put ex-lax in her tea. She'll never be able to prove it was you!

Human tinsel, eh? That is harsh.
    She sounds truly frightening
    . In that case, if she says anything mean,
    put ex-lax in her tea
    . She'll never be able to prove it was you!

PillyPen! You sound quite frightening yourself!

Lolz. I prefer to call myself a BAMF instead of frightening. You know, it's a little more palatable! :D

• Advertisement

:pac:
    BAMF

go on......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I like your christmas tree, it looks so homely! I much prefer christmas trees which have all mismatched baubles which have been collected over the years rather than a tree where all the decorations are co-ordinated, they look so impersonal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Piste wrote: »
    I much prefer christmas trees which have all mismatched baubles which have been collected over the years rather than a tree where all the decorations are co-ordinated, they look so impersonal!

Me too -- I used to love decorating our tree when I was a kid because I used to remember where all of the ornaments came from. I'm working on starting my own collection now. :)

I think your tree is lovely. If you're worried about what she'll think of your tree, just give her a few glasses of "Christmas punch" before she sees it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I've had the same tree for about 15 years now. Its getting a little old these days, I don't think it can handle all the decorations anymore !

Wait, so do most Irish people use artificial trees then?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

PillyPen wrote: »

depends on how much you're looking forward to cleaning up pine needles from the carpet

I've had the same tree for about 15 years now. Its getting a little old these days, I don't think it can handle all the decorations anymore !

Yah! This is my second tree in my house! Im still excited!

Thanks for the thumbs ups on the tree - Ive been shuffelling it about a bit for the last few days. You wouldnt even notice now that one half is supported by just branches. Ive bull clipped the branches in the middle togeather. The cat still thinks hes Ronaldo but its funny to watch him so Ill leave him at it.

Im seriously thinking about going out and buying a real tree. I sent the Italian a photo of it and she countered it by telling me she had a real one. Gredge match tree....not really in the spirit of Christmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

PillyPen wrote: »

I can't stand fake trees, we've never had a fake one, real ones are so much better and the cracking the needles make when you throw a handful in the fire kicks ass, also the smell, who cares about a little bit of hoovering :)

We always get our tree dead late, it just happens that way, but last year my mam was being far too picky and we ended up not getting one, so at about half past midnight on Christmas eve, I'm surprised the neighbours kids weren't woken by me rustling in trees outside and a few loud snaps as I broke off some leafless branches and went inside to put the best one in a pot and decorated it, it actually looked really cool and would put all the Armani and Dolche Gabanas to shame in a tree catwalk show :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Deepsense wrote:
    No - she would beat me to a pulp and use me as human tinzil.
    You're living with G'em?:D

I take great offense to that.

I'm a weightlifter not a bodybuilder :pac:

cormie wrote: »
    I can't stand fake trees, we've never had a fake one, real ones are so much better and the cracking the needles make when you throw a handful in the fire kicks ass, also the smell, who cares about a little bit of hoovering :)

My parents switched to artificial a few years ago, and they had me go to the store and pick one out for them. The cashier actually mocked me. He was not subtle in his disapproval. I prefer natural as well, but it makes sense that it's just a lot easier for some people. And if there aren't kids around who delight in a real tree, why go to the extra effort?
    We always get our tree dead late, it just happens that way, but last year my mam was being far too picky and we ended up not getting one, so at about half past midnight on Christmas eve, I'm surprised the neighbours kids weren't woken by me rustling in trees outside and a few loud snaps as I broke off some leafless branches and went inside to put the best one in a pot and decorated it, it actually looked really cool and would put all the Armani and Dolche Gabanas to shame in a tree catwalk show :pac:

The mental images accompanying this story were absolutely adorable! Sooo cute!!!! :D

My granny read in a women's magazine that the cool new thing to do was to get a branch and spray-paint it gold instead of having a tree, and that's just what she did. My mom still laughs about it. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement