Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on booking round flights to OZ

Options
  • 15-12-2008 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm moving to Perth on a year working visa in the new year and was hoping to travel end of January with two friends.
    Basically, I rang USIT today (I only got my visa last week) and they said a round ticket to Perth, with a week stop in Bangkok, would come to around 1800 euros. While if we wait till mid Feb, it will cost in the region of 900 euros.

I was expecting to pay 800-100 but 1800 seems a little steep. The lads really wanna go in January and so do I. Now, if all else fails we can fly out in February but I wanted to know:
    what other options/routes could I try to get this round ticket for about the 1000 mark?
    Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Jan is still the summer holidays there. Pupils go back to school on Feb 2nd so prices would be lower after that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If you're going for a year why are you getting a round ticket? :confused:

You can fly at the end of January one way for about €800 via Kuala Lumpur. Worry about the return flight when you're comin home.

EDIT: And please, please, please don't take advice from USIT. They won't give you the best/cheapest options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

Yeah I see USIT just trying to screw me.
    I'm gonna book the flights myself and forget about a round ticket. No need to be planning my flight home already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

Hey dave im also going on the whv in january, im just getting a one way ticket for 864 euro from eithad airlines flying from dublin to brisbane.

Advertisement