Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joined o2 free credit

• 15-12-2008 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

I bought a phone for someone I know and registered them with the o2 website and so they got 5 euro free credit.

It says on the site pretty much that you need to top up 20 euros every month to get the rest of your free credit.

The person who I bought this phone is not a big talker or texter and there's no way they'd get through 20 euros credit in a month.

So does this all mean that if this person doesn't top up the phone by 20 euros every consecutive month they will not get their free phone credit?

What if they topped up in december and then in march for example.
    Does that mean in march they would not get any free credit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

your 100% correct, you need to top up by €20pm, the same goes for Meteor and Vodafone, 3 require you to top up by €10pm, not sure about tesco...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i think the way it works is if you top up in a month, you get your credit that month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭quinnd6

It's a bit scroogier than a couple of years ago where you didn't have to top up and got a load of free credit but anyway that's grand.

So he can just top up the phone anytime and get the credit that month.
    That sounds fine.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

quinnd6 wrote: »
    It's a bit scroogier than a couple of years ago where you didn't have to top up and got a load of free credit but anyway that's grand.

So he can just top up the phone anytime and get the credit that month.
    That sounds fine.

Thanks
    what i mean is he'll get that month's credit. he's supposed to get €10 a month so if he leaves it for 4 months and then tops up he'll get €10 that month, he won't get €40 as he didn't top up in those months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Yep thats cool I understand he gets 5 euros for the month he tops up.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement