Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pea risotto

• 15-12-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

When is the right time to add peas to a pea risotto? Plan to do plain white risotto (onion, garlic, white wine, stock) and add in fresh/defrosted peas - how long would they need?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

before the risotto and the stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

before the risotto and the stock

Not if they're already defrosted, they'll be mush if they're added with the sofritto.

OP, I would add them about 5 minutes before you remove the risotto from the heat (before you add the second knob of butter). Fresh/defrosted peas really require little to no cooking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

they will be mushed if you overcook them, not otherwise.
    I do the soffritto separately. I toast the rice before adding the stock, if I have the soffritto on the same pan it will be burned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Not if they're already defrosted, they'll be mush if they're added with the sofritto.

OP, I would add them about 5 minutes before you remove the risotto from the heat (before you add the second knob of butter). Fresh/defrosted peas really require little to no cooking.

+1

had a strange sounding but REALLY nice riotto - Chirizo,pea and mint risotto.
    Try it - it's gooooood.
    Has lemon juice in it to.

Advertisement