Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of old computers

Options
  • 15-12-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Saw a piece on the news a few weeks back about repairing and upgrading old computers for schools. Does anyone know of anywhere in Donegal I can drop off my old computer for this purpose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

One of the large retailers might be able to advise. North West computers in Letterkenny might be a start. Give them a call to see if they know anything about it.

You could also PM Damien Blake in Letterkenny who is a member here but havent seen him post for a while. He's into web design I believe but more importantly is a member of the town council so would probably be aware of these schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Darr3nG

Just give the PC directly to the school.

I do IT support for many schools and they are very greatful for any donations of computers, as their IT budget has been severly cut back in recent years.

Be aware though, that if the machine is too old for you to use... it's probably too old for a school to use too!

The current primary school software needs a PC that runs Windows XP / Office 2003 - so at least 512Mb of memory. If it is any less than this, it costs the school to get it upgraded or in cases where an upgrade isn't possible, it costs the school to dispose of the machine.

Advertisement