Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holidays

Options
  • 15-12-2008 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

can someone explain me how the bank holidays work?

Im working in hotel and the 25 and 26 of december are the bank holidays so i have got those 2 days off but for the rest of the week i would have to work.

so thats mean that i would have to work 5 days and it should not be like a should have the 3 days work 2 bank holidays and 2 days off?

I hope You understand me :d

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

3 days work, 2 days off, 2 days bank holiday would be the normal set up but I don't know if Hotel's got a special set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Pirat84

Thanks for reply

Do You know where can i get more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Possibly http://www.employmentrights.ie/en/media/workingtimeact.pdf will help

If you are working the other 5 days I would assume that you get paid for the 2 days BH as well depending on how many hours you work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Pirat84

Im on the full time contract

working as a night porter

thanks for the link

Advertisement