Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed - Repeats, Extenuating Circumstances and Erasmus

Options
  • 15-12-2008 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm really sick so I missed my last exam, so I'll have to repeat (I'm told that they will be with next semester's exams instead of August, Is that right?). Do they usually cap you're grade if you're sick? I rang the programme office and they weren't really much help. The reason I'm asking is in order to qualify for erasmus next year I need a 3.2 average and I think i did well in the rest of my exams. When I rang the Programme office they said they didn't know what would happen because erasmus is decided early in the 1st semester and she said there might be a bit of an issue with my grade being returned on time and stuff. I've been on the UCD website all day and I left a message for the international affairs dealie too.

Anyone have any more information on what's likely to happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

First of all what faculty are you in? if you're in arts i can tell you more about the Erasmus exchange application, and reassure you that's definitely not jsut grade alone that counts, and depending on your department and co-ordinaator, they'll more than likely understand. Also, i'm sure if you get a doctors note you'll be allowed defer your exam, and could argue that your application should be based on the gpa of your other subjects. Failing that, take an extra class next semester in something that you would almost be certain to get a really good mark in easily. (Just don't let that Ernie Ball guy see you do it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Get a note from your GP explaining that you were sick, then contact your student adviser (ucd.ie/advisers) and fill in an extenating circumstances form asking to sit the exam without being capped in the summer. Email whoever administers your Erasmus explaining that you've done this and ask that they consider the GPA average of your other five subjects. Try and get the first bit done by Friday if you can as then you won't have to worry about deadlines etc to get it done after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Im doin B.Comm. See I know if I take the exam I can get a good grade, I was just too sick to move. So I'm hoping I can just repeat the exam and then count that towards it. Ive already gotten just under 40 % out of 50, the exams worth the last 50. Just when I was talking to her on the phone the girl sounded a little sketchy about whether or not I'd be able to count it towards it.

I guess all I can do is ring the international/erasmus woman again...

Thanks!!

Advertisement