Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax assessment

• 15-12-2008 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Just got a tax assessment for 2007. I did register a business but never ended up trading (as in absolutely no trade). However, revenue reckon I still owe them a few euro.

Its a miniscule sum but I don't understand how they came up with this. The only thing that went down on the return was my PAYE income and declaration of earnings under 'rent-a-room' scheme (for which I was under the threshold).

This can only mean that there was a slight error in the calculation of tax on my PAYE income then??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Eurorunner wrote: »
    This can only mean that there was a slight error in the calculation of tax on my PAYE income then??

Probably down to differences in your PAYE credits and what you submitted in the accounts - this would be fairly common.

What does surprise me is that the Revenue are expecting payment. Normally they say they will not be pursuing it if it's less than say €50. Sign of the times! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Thanks Baby4 - going to do that now.
    smcgiff wrote:
    What does surprise me is that the Revenue are expecting payment. Normally they say they will not be pursuing it if it's less than say €50. Sign of the times!
    It was for 41.91 - they rounded it down to 41.00 :D

Advertisement