Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy an Eircom Master Box (NTU 2001)?

Options
  • 15-12-2008 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi all,

I need one of these.

It's the box Eircom install as the first socket.

I know it's not strictly necessary to have one, but the broadbands acting up and from experience the NTU seems to have a positive impact on poor lines.

Thanks folks.

Comments

What sort of line, is it a BIP?

If so they usually provide these we've never had to get one. Eircom usually replace them if they go wrong. I'm not sure where you would find these elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I have a feeling they are just the box with a looped resistor. I'll have a look...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Compushed

Thanks ronoc.
    But BIP?

I got my client to call eircom faults dept. Told him to tell them he needed a NTU. Fair play to eircom, they had one put in in a matter of days.
    Now the line is working fine, dsl "modem" sees the DSLAM.

The NTUs have a bunch of resistors and capacitors in them (caps are hidden behind a plate).

This is the second time I've had an NTU solve a dsl negotiation problem.

Compushed wrote: »
    Thanks ronoc.
    But BIP?

I got my client to call eircom faults dept. Told him to tell them he needed a NTU. Fair play to eircom, they had one put in in a matter of days.
    Now the line is working fine, dsl "modem" sees the DSLAM.

The NTUs have a bunch of resistors and capacitors in them (caps are hidden behind a plate).

This is the second time I've had an NTU solve a dsl negotiation problem.

Woops I thought you were on about leased lines.

I though you were refering to these:
    8110.jpg

You get these yokes with leased lines and they are sometimes called NTUs:o

Advertisement