Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a graphics card

Options
  • 15-12-2008 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I was looking to buy my first graphics card preferably a Nvidia for my pc that has these specs,
    Intel Dual core e2180
    500gb hd
    3gb ddr2 ram
    450 psu
    pci express

there is so many different types to choose from i thought i'd try here for some advice, im looking to spend up to 150 euro so any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What size is your monitor?
    Is your CPU overclocked, or overclockable i.e is it a self build or a Dell?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kaizer05

Hi mate its a 17inch monitor but im looking to buy a 22inch after xmas and its a self build and isn't overclocked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Whats the graphics card needed for, games?

yeah mate i wanted to start getting into gaming and start having a go at photoshop 4 so defo need a graphics card

I was having a look around and someone recommended this do you think it would be suitable

• Advertisement

Not a bad card but this is superb value for money. Will tear through games on your 17" and will also handle native resolution on a 22" with relative ease.

You might want to look into a bit of overclocking to unleash the potential of that E2180.

Not a bad card but this is superb value for money. Will tear through games on your 17" and will also handle native resolution on a 22" with relative ease.

You might want to look into a bit of overclocking to unleash the potential of that E2180.

Thank's mate i think ill take your advice just one more thing whats the difference between a gddr3 and a ddr3 graphics card

Same, it's all GDDR3. DDR3 is desktop ram.

Same, it's all GDDR3. DDR3 is desktop ram.

lol sorry mate i meant all the different types of graphics card ram ie gddr and ddr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

All graphics card are GDDR, they just don't always have it stated as such

• Advertisement

Thank's lads you've been a great help its really appreciated

Advertisement