Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Xbox 360 Games for Christmas

• 15-12-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Anyone got any recommendations for new Xbox games to buy to veg out and play over the holidays. Either 1 player or 2 player
    Have Fifa 09, Grid and a couple more so just looking for a bit of advice from people cause some of the reviews can be a bit dodgy.

I recommend Fifa 09 and Grid is a great racing game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

I got Left 4 Dead.

I haven't played it yet but from what i hear it's full of win!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

cadogs wrote: »
    I got Left 4 Dead.

I haven't played it yet but from what i hear it's full of win!!

Same here, I have it, but haven't played it yet (resisting the urge until Christmas).

Some of the other ones I'm getting are Fallout 3, Grid (as you mentioned), Gears 2, FarCry 2, Saints Row 2 (supposed to be very, very good - so says everyone I've talked to about it), COD5.

I'd like to get Mirrors Edge but for 5 hours gameplay, I'll just buy it when its can be bought for €20 in any shop. I'd say Smackdown vs Raw this year is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I DONT reccomend Fifa 09, rubbish to be honest

PES 09, COD5 and GOW2 is what ya need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Trilla wrote: »
    I DONT reccomend Fifa 09, rubbish to be honest

I'd recommend FIFA'09 to anyone.... if you look at all the interest in our boards FIFA league, it seems like most people think its a very, very good game.

I'm not sure how anyone could label it "rubbish", but you aren't going to please everyone all the time. If you are a football fan, you'll like FIFA '09.

Its a step up from any other football game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Its a step up from any other football game so far.

I wont get too much into the fifa vs pes debate on this thread, but everytime I play fifa i get the feelin im not in control of the players, that everything is just too "cinematic" and too "sky sporty", it lacks in good old fashion fun and gameplay.

I love football, I cant get into FIFA 09. Simple as

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

you cant go wrong with rockband or guitar hero for a good holiday game.If ya fancy some solo game play I can't recommend fallout3 enough, have played it 3 times already(I never replay games usually), and I'm stil lnot sick of it.

Advertisement