Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

February Start Date

• 15-12-2008 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Cant believe it. Cant wait. Hope to here from more of you.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Oursole wrote: »
    Cant believe it. Cant wait. Hope to here from more of you.:D

Congratulations buddy. Well deserved. :D

I guess it's time for me to start clinging nervously to my phone again. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭waawaa

congratulations mate, good to see that the whole process is gathering a bit of momentum now. hopefully some more of us will be lucky too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Dammit! I came on to start this thread! lol
    Glad I'm not alone! My heart is hammering like mad, I'm still in shock!!

The lady left a mesage on my voicemail and I had to ring her back. She was asking me if my circumstances had changed since I applied and my heart sank, I thought that was all she was ringing to ask. lol

IM GONNA BE A PEELER!!!!! AARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

Wahey Oursole and PandaPants!!! Thats fab news. You two must have been very good for Santa to be so kind! :D:D Really made up for yas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

congratubloodylations folks. hope ill be gettin the call soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭shelleyelley

PANDA!!!! CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Thanks guys. I'm so happy. I was actually nearly in tears when I came off the phone. lol
    I can't believe I got in on my first go. I've been hearing about people stuggling for years before getting in and I really thought I'd be the same.

Fingers crossed you guys get the call too and we can all s*it ourselves together! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Congrats Panda. :D

It's pretty rare to get in on your first go, so a huge WELL DONE. :D

I'm still staring at my phone and it hasn't rung yet. "Ring dammit!" :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

PandaPants wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I'm so happy. I was actually nearly in tears when I came off the phone. lol
    I can't believe I got in on my first go. I've been hearing about people stuggling for years before getting in and I really thought I'd be the same.

Fingers crossed you guys get the call too and we can all s*it ourselves together! :D

wwwwwwwwwwwahhhhhhhhhhheyyyyyyyyyy loving it. congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

Thanks guys. Hope the call comes for yous all 2. Ive be driving around all day teln everyone. I think im high on Tea lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

The lady left a mesage on my voicemail and I had to ring her back. She was asking me if my circumstances had changed since I applied and my heart sank, I thought that was all she was ringing to ask. lol

Congratulations!!! Really pleased for you :)

Come on come on!!
    Who's next???? "D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

just gotta call from a witheld number got dead excited when they ask for me and could i confirm a few details. feckin gutted when i realised it was tesco direct. even more gutted when they said there was a problem wit my order

it was soul destroying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

Well done everyone so far I hope there are many more boardies, including especially me haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 NumberC

Im in too!!!!!!!!!!! Whoo!!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot believe it, after 1 yr 6 months - ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Still sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!! Can't calm down.........................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

Penis Eye wrote: »
    just gotta call from a witheld number got dead excited when they ask for me and could i confirm a few details. feckin gutted when i realised it was tesco direct. even more gutted when they said there was a problem wit my order

it was soul destroying

hahaha. oh dear....... it will come....in the meantime u should unsubscribe to all supermarkets and psni-unrelated organisations..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

CONGRATULATIONS PP WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Congrats to you all who got the call. Im not long home from holding doors and saying Good evening to all the new ones tonight :) (well, their families anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

congrats to all! really pleased for yous! if my vetting would pass, i too could be gripping my dog and bone!!:D PLEASE!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Congratulations the lot of ye....

I look forward to handing over my Green eppaulettes to one of you...Not long now till attestment:cool:

• Advertisement

Penis Eye wrote: »

it was soul destroying

Dude, your time will come. It's really exciting. But the scariest feeling ever. As far as I'm concerned, the peelers do the most important job in the world and I'm terrified I won't be able to do it properly.

All I've heard all day is "I knew you would get it, why are you so surprised?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Congrats on the great news oursole, pandapants and numberC!!

I'm just about to go to bed after a long first taste of garnerville.
    It looks like it's gonna be a tough one, but I can't wait to get cracking!
    Everyone I met today was V nice, don't know if it was anyone from this board I seen but, they were all nice.

I am now aquainted with McNab, just so happens he's an excellent detective ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

Congrats everyone,also just back from first day! Was really good, knackered now though, and can't wait to get started!
    Inspector71, what class you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

bobbin88 wrote: »
    Congrats everyone,also just back from first day! Was really good, knackered now though, and can't wait to get started!

Ours is on the 19th Jan, cant wait. Anything you can tell us? PP and Number C, we will have to come up with some sort of signal to recognise boardies lol:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 NumberC

Oursole wrote: »
    Ours is on the 19th Jan, cant wait. Anything you can tell us? PP and Number C, we will have to come up with some sort of signal to recognise boardies lol:D:D

yea deffinitely!! still cant believe its all happening!!! really have to try and get my fitness up to at least basic level...lol

oooohhhhhh, I'm hungover after the celebrations last night. But still very excited! I'm leaving work on 9th January and going on holiday before starting at G'ville! :D

This is the best christmas ever!! (apart from the year I got a guitar and a trampoline)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 McNab

Hey Bobbin what you think of yesterday? me and inspector are both in B class what about yourself?

to all who have got the call for Feb big congratulations the cheif told us last night they are defo recruiting till March and then it will be looked at again. my advice to all Feb new starts is get off work as soon as you can and enjoy doing nothing because after yesterday i can not stress how much work you will have for the next six months *BLOODY SCARY*

McNab wrote: »
    Hey Bobbin what you think of yesterday? me and inspector are both in B class what about yourself?

to all who have got the call for Feb big congratulations the cheif told us last night they are defo recruiting till March and then it will be looked at again. my advice to all Feb new starts is get off work as soon as you can and enjoy doing nothing because after yesterday i can not stress how much work you will have for the next six months *BLOODY SCARY*

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Lol McNab.
    I'm in class A, the best class there's ever going to be...:D
    Thought yesterday was really good, made me less worried and more worried all at the same time!
    I thought other boardies were exaggerating slightly with definition 3...it is 10times worse than I had pictured in my head! :eek:
    Oursole, are you's having a full day as well, or is it going back to registration night again? (Cant imagine that though)
    oooo good luck everyone,i'm all excited!

• Advertisement

Lol McNab.
    I'm in class A, the best class there's ever going to be...:D
    Thought yesterday was really good, made me less worried and more worried all at the same time!
    I thought other boardies were exaggerating slightly with definition 3...it is 10times worse than I had pictured in my head! :eek:
    Oursole, are you's having a full day as well, or is it going back to registration night again? (Cant imagine that though)
    oooo good luck everyone,i'm all excited!

hey bobbin!!
    did yesterday not just make you want to start immediately!?
    As if everything isn't happening fast enough.

Seemed the most people I asked only got about 3/4 weeks notice.
    One of the guys in my class got offered a support staff and police officers training spot within an hour of each other!!!:pac:

They don't tell you too much about diversity training?!

hey bobbin!!
    did yesterday not just make you want to start immediately!?
    As if everything isn't happening fast enough.

Seemed the most people I asked only got about 3/4 weeks notice.
    One of the guys in my class got offered a support staff and police officers training spot within an hour of each other!!!:pac:

They don't tell you too much about diversity training?!

Yea! I just wanted to stay and get stuck in! Everyone up there seemed nice though, instructors and all! And the food was actually good too!
    Yeah, they didn't really say much about it at all, probably get us all working together as a lovely big group though!
    Just making my shopping list now!
    Dreading that 5k run, and the "ski slope"! ahhh

Yea! I just wanted to stay and get stuck in! Everyone up there seemed nice though, instructors and all! And the food was actually good too!
    Yeah, they didn't really say much about it at all, probably get us all working together as a lovely big group though!
    Just making my shopping list now!
    Dreading that 5k run, and the "ski slope"! ahhh

5K = 3.10685 miles = YUK!!:p

I'm busting a gut every morning, but I'm not gonna be that fit in two weeks!!
    Wonder will Sir Hugh run it with us?

oh and for all the Feb 1st lot.
    If they ask you to draw a pig on the SRD, don't draw a police officer.

sorry Bobbibn think you have been miss informed me and inspector were told last night that B class stands for Brilliant and A class stands for well i wont say but it ends in holes! just kidding ya do you by any chance have a stud in your lower lip?

cant wait for drill with hat man i think i will steadily grow to hate him:mad:!!!!

No lip stud wasn't me, but she is in my class! I agree about the drill instructor!
    Have you started on your defs/workbook yet?
    Started printing out my workbook,got to page20 and ran out of paper.
    Went and got more, started printing and have now ran out of ink!
    AHHH

• Advertisement

No lip stud wasn't me, but she is in my class! I agree about the drill instructor!
    Have you started on your defs/workbook yet?
    Started printing out my workbook,got to page20 and ran out of paper.
    Went and got more, started printing and have now ran out of ink!
    AHHH

just seen a post earlier by you about piercings so thought it might of been you. i'm ment to be working till the 24th but after yesterday i realised i need some serious study time so finish on friday now. plan on trying to learn my defos etc then. sounds like your not ment to get you workbook maybe you should just leave it till the 28th? lol. my computer is really old just hope that it reads the CD-ROM ok dont fancy having to print it out in work. what do the people in your class seem like? dont know about you but i know both me and inspector just want to get started now its like you get all prepared and then you have to do it all again in two week time again:confused:

Yea, I just wanted to stay yesterday and get started because I will probably end up working myself into a nervous wreck again!
    Gonna try and learn a few definitions today and get to the gym/go for a run.
    Last time I ran outside was in 6th year at school!
    Everyone in my class seems nice, get to know them all better in our first week I guess.
    What about yours?

well by pure chance yesterday i sat with two people in the canteen before we started and one was Inspector the other guy is really dead on to and they are both in my class so that was a good start never really got talking to anyone else but there will be plenty of time for that! also in class C there is a guy who used to live round the corner from me so at least that is someone i know. yeah the PE is going to be a major shock to the system for many people me thinks. Bring on the pain:eek: my folks got shown the rooms last night by one of the S/O my dad was in the army for near 30 years and he even said they were extremey basic:eek:

are you worried about the ammount of studying we will have to do? I AM!

Were you sitting in the first canteen in the morning and then got moved into the back one by a student officer?
    I'm so worried about the amount of work/studying to do whilst also more than likely having to work on my fitness!
    They never showed my parents the rooms, but my mum said the gym was really good.
    Can't wait to see it all (minus the rooms):D

Were you sitting in the first canteen in the morning and then got moved into the back one by a student officer?
    I'm so worried about the amount of work/studying to do whilst also more than likely having to work on my fitness!
    They never showed my parents the rooms, but my mum said the gym was really good.
    Can't wait to see it all (minus the rooms):D

yeah i was one of the three guys bold head is me at least i dont have to worry about a number 2:cool:. were you the girl in the black trousers, white blouse and short blond hair?

i think a lot of people are going to be having to pull up there fitness so i wouldnt worry about it. i think after studying all night 40 mins in the gym before bed will be great to help you relax and will also build up your fitness killing to birds with one stone!

• Advertisement

Yeah, that was me! Tis good to put a face to a (board) name!
    FINALLY got all my stuff printed out.
    I suppose in G'ville, the gym might be a relaxing place to go afterall!
    There's just so much to take in all at once, our first few weeks will be mad!
    Got home at 11 last night and slept until 11 this morning I was that tired after yesterday!

5K = 3.10685 miles = YUK!!:p

I'm busting a gut every morning, but I'm not gonna be that fit in two weeks!!
    Wonder will Sir Hugh run it with us?

As if the 5k isn't horrific enough, imagine having to run it with him! I'd be too scared to overtake him (not that I'd be that fast anyways)!

Yeah, that was me! Tis good to put a face to a (board) name!
    FINALLY got all my stuff printed out.
    I suppose in G'ville, the gym might be a relaxing place to go afterall!
    There's just so much to take in all at once, our first few weeks will be mad!
    Got home at 11 last night and slept until 11 this morning I was that tired after yesterday!

yeah i had a funny feeling that was you, at least on the 28th we can introduce ourselves properly though will feel a bit weird walking up to you and saying hi Bobbin. i will tell you my real name on our first day promise;) you got home at 11 thats a bit of a drive for you i live about twenty mins away which is nice and handy though i was back up at 6.45am this morning getting ready to go to work lucky you for sleeping till 11 enjoy it whilst you can cause those days are numbered! yeah we will be kept well busy but i get the impression they will be very supportive with us i'm sure it will be a major shock for so many people i expect some tears etc in the first week but once everyone settles down and gets used to the new routine im sure we will all be loving it. my plan is everytime i get stressed take a wee trip to the corridor and look at all the photos of the class's that have passed out before us for inspiration, im sure they all felt the same as us.

do you think there will be any people put off by yesterday and wont bother coming back?

I think everyone probably feels a wee bit :eek:, but sure we kinda knew it would be like a bit mental!

Inspiration for me = do i want to go back to delivering ****ING GROCERIES!!??!?!?!?!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooo your real name, well don't I feel privileged! Bobbin's my first name anyway...:p
    I bet the tears will be coming from the boys,and the girls will be hard as nails!:D Wasn't there loads of girls yesterday, I wasn't expecting so many!
    Not sure if some won't come back, most seemed keen.
    But one of the boys I was talking to was up at SRN 2 months ago and didn't like it, so rang them after and said he didn't want to join the PSNI afterall, but they told him to put it off a couple of months and see how he feels then. Et voila, he's back now.
    Must mean they're keen for anyone who was successful, to complete the course at G'ville.

Ooo your real name, well don't I feel privileged! Bobbin's my first name anyway...:p
    I bet the tears will be coming from the boys,and the girls will be hard as nails!:D Wasn't there loads of girls yesterday, I wasn't expecting so many!
    Not sure if some won't come back, most seemed keen.
    But one of the boys I was talking to was up at SRN 2 months ago and didn't like it, so rang them after and said he didn't want to join the PSNI afterall, but they told him to put it off a couple of months and see how he feels then. Et voila, he's back now.
    Must mean they're keen for anyone who was successful, to complete the course at G'ville.

well miss cheeky pants maybe my real name will just have to remain secret its Mr Mcnab to you:D i know when the tears will be rolling down my face the very first time i have to do my own ironing bought myself a brand new iron on friday for £55 so for that price i'm kinda hoping it will be able to do most of it for me (well i can live in hope) i would say the amount of money they spend on even getting us to the gates is that much they see us now as an investment and therefore dont wont to loose out on it, so i would say they absolutly encourage people to stick with it and battle on.

i dont think we ever need to worry abour overtalking the Cheif Constable if he ever comes on a run with us he is addicted to doing Marathons and does the belfast one every year. if he can do 26 miles im sure 5k is a walk in the park for him:)

i have just read over some of my post and most, ok all make me seem like some kind of illiterate fool my grammer and spelling is not usually this bad honest:rolleyes:. I promise to try and make more of an effort in future, i blame predictive text on my mobile its made me well lazy.

it also seems that the December intake has hijacked the Feb intake sorry. At least we are all collegues now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

Bloody dec intake hijacking the feb post! :D

well i was steamed last night when i heard feb calls had gone out and i hadnt got one but then i was sitting in work today and ring ring, i'm starting 1st of feb!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

pb999 wrote: »
    Bloody dec intake hijacking the feb post! :D

well i was steamed last night when i heard feb calls had gone out and i hadnt got one but then i was sitting in work today and ring ring, i'm starting 1st of feb!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Congratulations pb999 you crafty old bugger!
    I'll be glad to see you in february, we wont be the new guys any more
    Well Done!

McNab wrote: »
    i have just read over some of my post and most, ok all make me seem like some kind of illiterate fool my grammer and spelling is not usually this bad honest:rolleyes:. I promise to try and make more of an effort in future, i blame predictive text on my mobile its made me well lazy.

it also seems that the December intake has hijacked the Feb intake sorry. At least we are all collegues now:)

But we didn't get to bask in the glory of our calls for long enough!:D

Oooo £55 on a new iron...your a real man now!
    I must actually buy an iron/steal one from home. Still have my shopping list to do, and it's nearly Crimbo too! I'll have to curb my very festive eating habits this year! I haven't had a drink since summer (no idea why though) so there will be no alcoholic beverages being purchased by me in the bar on thursdays, or i'll be out on my ear!

• Advertisement
Advertisement