Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

February Start Date

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

PandaPants wrote: »
    Swot! I've been on holiday stuffing my face and drinking too much. :D Have been studying my bum off though. I spent ALL fecking day on the long PACE and I still haven't a clue. Some of the descriptive words seem inconsistent, so in one sentance it's "to suspect of being guilty of it" and another is "suspecting to be guilty of it". I keep getting them all confused and it's very very frustrating.

COME ON THE GREENS!!!

it'll come together more when we actually start using them, and they are fully explained in class, at the moment it just looks like the same thing is said 2-3 times over the whole definition, but they just word each paragraph slightly differently, that makes it confusing.

i was looking on the march thread and they're talking about putting down your quals and bringing certs with you....does anyone remember a section on the SRD forms for quals?? i don't........i also don't understand the need for certs when no quals are required for entry and all promotion etc etc is based on in house exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

pb999 wrote: »
    it'll come together more when we actually start using them, and they are fully explained in class, at the moment it just looks like the same thing is said 2-3 times over the whole definition, but they just word each paragraph slightly differently, that makes it confusing.

i was looking on the march thread and they're talking about putting down your quals and bringing certs with you....does anyone remember a section on the SRD forms for quals?? i don't........i also don't understand the need for certs when no quals are required for entry and all promotion etc etc is based on in house exams.

I don't recall being asked to bring any at our SRD. I don't see the point in it, as PB999 says. I don't even have most of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 coppertopper

I don't recall being asked to bring any at our SRD. I don't see the point in it, as PB999 says. I don't even have most of mine.

There was a 1 liner in our information pack about it, its to go on our file just for personal development, a lot of old sweats dont have any thing so they do computer courses and GCSE's for theirs!

By the way, is any1 excited bout sunday!!

By the way, is any1 excited bout sunday!!

No!!!! I can honestly say I've never been as nervous about anything in my life. It dominates my thoughts 18 hours a day and I'm constantly thinking about the reasons I could be kicked out. :D:D I'm also very worried that I won't be able to keep up with the workload, or it will be too difficult. :(:(

On a serious note, in the handbook it says gambling is strictly prohibited. Is that in Garnerville, or in general??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

Im seriously worried about the workload, im just hoping that the students there before us will give us a hand. On the other hand, im excited about it as it is what i really want to do. Im hopin it will be good craic aswell.

Oursole wrote: »
    Im seriously worried about the workload, im just hoping that the students there before us will give us a hand. On the other hand, im excited about it as it is what i really want to do. Im hopin it will be good craic aswell.

I'm sure the craic will be great, but not too great to distract us all from this mountain of work we have to do!!!

I'm sure the craic will be great, but not too great to distract us all from this mountain of work we have to do!!!

There always plenty of time for craic, it will make the really boring stuff really enjoyable, and will take your mind off things for a while. Yes the workload will be tight, but if hundreds of others have done it before us, its obviously manageable!:D:D:D

I wouldnt say i'm worried, just anxious, mainly excited as its the only job i've ever wanted to do and its taken a while to get this far!

like everyone else its just fear of the unknown......and fear of being show paraded every week! :p

I wouldnt say i'm worried, just anxious, mainly excited as its the only job i've ever wanted to do and its taken a while to get this far!

like everyone else its just fear of the unknown......and fear of being show paraded every week! :p

I'm feeling sick every time I think of it now. I just want Sunday over and done with! Bring it on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Dude, I'm 100% sure you won't recognise me from that photo. If you can come up to me and tell me who I am I'll give you £50!! :D:D:D:D

Is the above offer still on?

See you at the SID. :D

carlty888 wrote: »
    Is the above offer still on?

See you at the SID. :D

Game on. :D

I would prefer a £50 note if you don't mind. ;)

Game on. :D

I would prefer a £50 note if you don't mind. ;)

I don't recall ever offering you £50 for anything. :P

I don't recall ever offering you £50 for anything. :P

You would need to add an extra few 000's..... ;)

You would need to add an extra few 000's..... ;)

I don't recall offering you £50.000 for anything. tongue.gif

I don't recall offering you £50.000 for anything. tongue.gif

Oooohhh, we've got a smartarse here.... :D:D

I was referring to our bet, of course. ;) Maybe we should up the stakes. If you can recognise me from that old old old photo without any help, I will do a forefit of your choosing (nothing illegal or immoral, don't get excited). If you can't then you do a forefit of my choosing (again, nothing illegal or immoral, but highly embarassing).

I extend my challenge.....

I was referring to our bet, of course. ;) Maybe we should up the stakes. If you can recognise me from that old old old photo without any help, I will do a forefit of your choosing (nothing illegal or immoral, don't get excited). If you can't then you do a forefit of my choosing (again, nothing illegal or immoral, but highly embarassing).

Oh bollox. I asked for this, didn't I?! :D

Challenge accepted.

Shall we decide on the forfeit now?

Oh bollox. I asked for this, didn't I?! :D

Challenge accepted.

Shall we decide on the forfeit now?

Nope. If I told you what you WILL be doing, then you wouldn't accept the challenge. ;)

The rules are that you must approach me at some stage during your SID and say PandaPants. Even if you take potluck, it will be funny to imagine you going up to every green girl and going PandaPants to her... :D:D:D

(And don't even think about going for another peek at the photo, it's LONG gone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

how long ago was said foto taken?

• Advertisement

Penis Eye wrote: »
    how long ago was said foto taken?

I don't even remember. I'm roughly the same age, but I look totally different now. Different weight, hair, etc....

I won't go into detail, for obvious reasons. :D

Nope. If I told you what you WILL be doing, then you wouldn't accept the challenge. ;)

The rules are that you must approach me at some stage during your SID and say PandaPants. Even if you take potluck, it will be funny to imagine you going up to every green girl and going PandaPants to her... :D:D:D

(And don't even think about going for another peek at the photo, it's LONG gone)

The only problem I have with that is that I may not get to see you at the SID. We may have to carry it on when I get to Garnerville.

Now I'm wishing I had a username like Oursole! I could just see you saying that to every new blue walking through the doors. :D

Now I'm wishing I had a username like Oursole! I could just see you saying that to every new blue walking through the doors. :D

I might anyway, just for the craic! :D

Shall we up the ante a bit more? If I can find you before you find me, it's a double forefit. Remember, you have a slight upper hand.....

I might anyway, just for the craic! :D

Shall we up the ante a bit more? If I can find you before you find me, it's a double forefit. Remember, you have a slight upper hand.....

If I don't know what a forfeit is, how would I differentiate between that and a double-forfeit?

If I don't know what a forfeit is, how would I differentiate between that and a double-forfeit?

A double forefit means two forefits, instead of just the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

can just see the two of youse getting kicked out of GV for betting...:p

• Advertisement

squirrel81 wrote: »
    can just see the two of youse getting kicked out of GV for betting...:p

I actually can as well. :D:D We will have to be careful this doesn't get out of hand.

my money is on carlty tbh, just shout out pandapants and wait to see who goes bright red! it worked at our SRD!! :P

my money is on carlty tbh, just shout out pandapants and wait to see who goes bright red! it worked at our SRD!! :P

I should have kept quiet, you were the only person who actually knew me then. I'm too damn honest for my own good sometimes. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

My money's on Carlty too... since he's the only one of you to have actually seen a picture :D

And to be honest you wouldn't even need to call her name out... you could Bluetooth her something and see who reaches for her phone ;)

DownMTBer wrote: »
    My money's on Carlty too... since he's the only one of you to have actually seen a picture :D

And to be honest you wouldn't even need to call her name out... you could Bluetooth her something and see who reaches for her phone ;)

Trust me. Lesson learned! Bluetooth is off for good. :eek:

• Advertisement

easy way to identify march 8th boardies at their srd, just shout BRING ON THE TRUMPETS and look to see who'll be grinning like a plonker.......granted........it'll be half the squad!

easy way to identify march 8th boardies at their srd, just shout BRING ON THE TRUMPETS and look to see who'll be grinning like a plonker.......granted........it'll be half the squad!

TRUMPETS

More like STRUMPETS....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

TRUMPETS

More like STRUMPETS....

You cheeky fecker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

Panda pants, i can guarantee that i can spot who you are. I know who you are. I rem you when you admitted to the bluetooth incident. Ill take the bet!!!!!!!

Oursole wrote: »
    I know who you are.

That kinda defeats the purpose of the challenge then. :D

Everyone all packed?? I've been chucking things in my suitcase as I've remembered them the past few days, so I'm pretty much done. Just another few hours of revision and I'm ready to rock'n'roll!!

Does anyone know if we need to bring our own pillows??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

oh ****. how quickly did jan pass. i bet it dragged for you lot. haha

good luck tomorrow everyone. hope you have a great day/stay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Big Mac Addict

Yea good luck to the Greens for tomorrow! Hope it all goes well. Don't post any horror stories on here for the Blues to read :)

Thanks guys. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone!!! :eek:

I could do with another week or two of prep and psyching myself up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Thanks guys. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone!!! :eek:

I could do with another week or two of prep and psyching myself up. :D

not too much psyching as your mind only starts mkin it worse for you.

well good luck oursole, ppants and griffer!! anyone else ive forgottin about goodluck you as well!!!

Best of luck to all the Greens startin tomorrow. Keep your heads down and work hard.

See ya's on 23 February.

C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

Make sure you all look after the place until the blues arrive.

Good luck everyone!!!:)

See ya's on 23 February.

C

Not if I see you first.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

good luck to everyone starting tomorrow!! keep us in the waiting room updated on your escapades!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Just popping in to wish you all the best of luck for tomorrow. You'll all be fine.

PandaPants: Don't start bed-hopping before 8th March! :P

MrFug wrote: »
    Just popping in to wish you all the best of luck for tomorrow. You'll all be fine.

PandaPants: Don't start bed-hopping before 8th March! :P

I will have you know that I am a respectably engaged woman and am only a complete 'ho in the anonomous world of t'internet..... ;)

I will have you know that I am a respectably engaged woman and am only a complete 'ho in the anonomous world of t'internet..... ;)

We've all heard the rumours. There is something in the water in GV that makes infidelity seem like the only option. I know a Srg who met his wife there, who later dumped him for another peeler!

P.S I'd like to see your ring.

MrFug wrote: »

P.S I'd like to see your ring.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!! BRAIN OVERLOAD. TOO.MANY.SMUTTY.POSSIBILITIES.

BANG!

In my case it was more of a 'POP!'

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Does anyone know if we need to bring our own pillows??

No you dont, all bedding will be provided, but when I was living in I brought my own anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Oh and good luck to everybody starting tomorrow, cyas on monday :D

Advertisement