Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

February Start Date

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

good luck to y'all for tomorrow! :) xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

MrFug wrote: »
    In my case it was more of a 'POP!'

Or a "squirt"? ;)

(please somebody stop me...)

Anyhoo, see ya'll tomorrow.

COME ON THE GREENS!!!!

Ignore me, I'm an idiot.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

See yous all tomorrow. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

Hey all yous!! How's it going?? give us the gossip when ya get chance! :D

Hope its all going well and exciting :)

• Advertisement

First week is over and I'm happy to say I'm loving it! I get the feeling the hard work starts on Monday but so far it's been grand. All the trainers and everyone else have been really nice and helpful, but I wouldn't want to cross any of them or give them any reason to yell at me! :eek:

I'm not sure how much I can say, for security reasons so I won't give too much away. The cells.... I mean... rooms are very basic, about the size of my wardrobe and don't appear to have been refurbished recently! :D

If anyone has specific questions, within reason, then ask away....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

PandaPants wrote: »
    First week is over and I'm happy to say I'm loving it! I get the feeling the hard work starts on Monday but so far it's been grand. All the trainers and everyone else have been really nice and helpful, but I wouldn't want to cross any of them or give them any reason to yell at me! :eek:

I'm not sure how much I can say, for security reasons so I won't give too much away. The cells.... I mean... rooms are very basic, about the size of my wardrobe and don't appear to have been refurbished recently! :D

If anyone has specific questions, within reason, then ask away....

Cool, thanks for the round-up. I've been eagerly waiting for this.

Were there many PE sessions in the first week? PE sucks, I have this dreadful feeling It'll be like school again and I'll get a little timetable with double PE on a wednesday afternoon or something. :(

What kinda activities did you get up to at the secret location? :D Were there any embarassing forced introductions to do?

And finally, did you get roomed up with a hot sexy young lesbian who has turned your head, and you've both starting filming your nocturnal escapades and posting it online?

Cool, thanks for the round-up. I've been eagerly waiting for this.

Were there many PE sessions in the first week? PE sucks, I have this dreadful feeling It'll be like school again and I'll get a little timetable with double PE on a wednesday afternoon or something. :(
    We got the bleep test. Most of us were sadly not as fit as we thought we were. We couldn't do the 5k run because of the snow. Phew! Got first class next week.

What kinda activities did you get up to at the secret location? :D Were there any embarassing forced introductions to do? It's all about diversity and a wee bit of team building. Mostly good fun and the food is amazing!! Rooms also better than G'ville.

And finally, did you get roomed up with a hot sexy young lesbian who has turned your head, and you've both starting filming your nocturnal escapades and posting it online?

Nah, I'm waiting for you big fella..... ;)

Anything else??

Anything else??

Nope, That'll do pig...that'll do. :P

Nope, That'll do pig...that'll do. :P

Oink oink... :D:D

• Advertisement

Just another wee thing. When you get your defs, LEARN THEM!!! Work starts to pile up right away, pre-reads and things and I seem to be one of the few that know the defs. (and am starting to learn the week 10 defs now)

I managed to get a wee study break or 2 during the day, during lunch or if a class ends early, to get into the classroom or library for half an hour and it really helps. There's a lot of focus on time-management, but if you don't stand about yakking all day you can get a lot done and maybe hit the gym at night for an hour.

So, while your here, I guess I'll throw some more at you :D

Whats the food like in GV? Again, I have visions of a school-canteen that serve rubber food in small portions. Is the food allowance we get adequate?

Have you guys finished at the 'normal' time any days? around 6 o'clock? How does one fill the time in Garnervillle after that?

Oh...did anyone get pissed at the 'secret location'? I'm assuming its a hotel though I could be wrong.

So, while your here, I guess I'll throw some more at you :D

Whats the food like in GV? Again, I have visions of a school-canteen that serve rubber food in small portions. Is the food allowance we get adequate? It's ok at the moment. I'll comment again in a few months. :D

Have you guys finished at the 'normal' time any days? around 6 o'clock? How does one fill the time in Garnervillle after that? Days vary greatly, we have had one short day so far. The rest are 12 hours or so. There is no time to fill if you are studying as much as you should be. Some people found the time to go home/out on Thursday night. Personally, I didn't because I had pre-reads and defs to learn. But each to their own.

Oh...did anyone get pissed at the 'secret location'? I'm assuming its a hotel though I could be wrong.
    Not saying where/what it is, but no-one got drunk. I got very slightly tipsy the first night, because 2 people bought me a drink at the same time and I didn't want to see them go to waste. :D But I was sensible and headed for the shower, then bed.

Keep your head down and DO NOT be getting p*ssed either at the location, or GV. 1 - you shouldn't have the time. 2 - it doesn't go down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

Thanks for the hints Pandapants, sounds like you have got your head screwed on.

I can't wait to get stuck in.:D

Thanks for the hints Pandapants, sounds like you have got your head screwed on.

I can't wait to get stuck in.:D

Well I'm not there for a party, I'm there to learn how to be a peeler! :D

Well I'm not there for a party, I'm there to learn how to be a peeler! :D

pfft... little miss goody-two-shoes or what? :P Make sure you keep those rooms tidy as we'll be getting them next!

Oh PandaPants, before you head back to Castle Greyskull, what about your uniform? Did ya get it? When did ya get it? Whats it like? :D

Oh PandaPants, before you head back to Castle Greyskull, what about your uniform? Did ya get it? When did ya get it? Whats it like? :D

It's like a police uniform. :D Probably the least flattering outfit I'll ever own.

I'll show ya when you get here.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Very quiet in here for some reason lol

wanalaugh

PandaPants was caught doing something bad so they've been up at 0630 every morning for drill & inspection. :D

• Advertisement

PandaPants was caught doing something bad so they've been up at 0630 every morning for drill & inspection. :D

T'wasnt just me. We are all a shambles apparently.... :D

Advertisement