Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing 520D/320D from UK

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

BostonB wrote: »
    But what is the depreciation?

if you bring in a 6 month old 08 from the UK on a good deal, you will be in good shape relative to an 07. It will likely be hit harder on depreciation, everyone wants an 08 for the low tax, even if it isn't that much of a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Is the difference in road tax between 07/08 that much compared to what you lose in depreciation on a 08 car?
    An 07 530 will depreciate much more than an 08 520.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What is the depreciation. 3~4k a year? Probably 6 or 7 for 08?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You can also buy an '07' UK car which was actually registered in 2008 there, because of the way their registration cycle works (57 plate there, afaik). So, wait until January, buy that '57' and when you register it here, it gets an 08 plate. Just ensure that the car was first registered in 2008 in the UK.

Not your ornery onager

What is the depreciation. 3~4k a year? Probably 6 or 7 for 08?
    I would say zero or possible negative depreciation for a 08 520D.

• Advertisement

esel wrote: »
    You can also buy an '07' UK car which was actually registered in 2008 there, because of the way their registration cycle works (57 plate there, afaik). So, wait until January, buy that '57' and when you register it here, it gets an 08 plate. Just ensure that the car was first registered in 2008 in the UK.

be careful on this, an 2007 57 plate is just that in the uk. If it was a january 08 reg or onward it will be advertised as an 2008 57 car. If it was september 2007 on, it wil be advertised as a 2007 57 plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

copacetic wrote: »
    be careful on this, an 2007 57 plate is just that in the uk. If it was a january 08 reg or onward it will be advertised as an 2008 57 car. If it was september 2007 on, it wil be advertised as a 2007 57 plate.
    I remember reading somewhere (this forum?) that a 2008 57 is looked on in the market as a 2007 car. Maybe that's not the case?

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    I remember reading somewhere (this forum?) that a 2008 57 is looked on in the market as a 2007 car. Maybe that's not the case?

no, it is looked on as a '57' car. When listed it will either be a 2008 or 2007
    '57' car. They won't list a january 2008 57 plate car as a 2007 car.

Check out autotrader for confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Wheresmejumper8

Might be of some help on CO2 figures on BMW models:

The only thing that matters is the production date of the car, BMW EfficientDynamics was introduced from September 2007 production, so any car manufactured before then will usually have the higher emissions figures. Of course, dealers can keep old production cars and register them in 2008 so be careful. ED was introduced on different series at different times but most got it in 09/07

The production month of a car is engrained on the suspension struts under the bonnet. Then check this against http://www.vca.gov.uk/fcb/index.asp

Trust nothing else lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Surely what matters is what is on the V5 ? Seller should have the V5 (if they don't then it's a different problem !) and therefore just read off the relevant number. The VRo are quite happy to go on what the V5 says, regardless of their computer.

• Advertisement

new omsp on 520d msport seems very reasonable to me (but am pretty drunkj!)

STATISTICAL CODE: 46385297
    MAKE: BMW
    MODEL: 520 ALL VERSIONS (From Sept. 1990)
    VERSION: D E60 M SPORT 4DR / SALOON / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    CO2 EMISSIONS: 136

MILEAGE: 10000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: MARCH 2008

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €37474
    RATE OF TAX: 16%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €5995

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

New OMSP on a Jan 08 8000 mile 530d SE auto is a definitely-don't-appeal-it €44068. M Sport a bizarre €23k higher!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

I site that I know of is www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk

The ONLY issue with buying a car out of the uk, is that the clock will be mainly mph. That may bother you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 RossN

I am looking to buy an E60 in the UK also.
    Probably a 525d or 530d.
    I'm struggling to find out exactly what extras come as standard on these cars around that time.
    Anyone offer any assistance?
    Cheers.
    Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

God the upates vrt rates are making 08 3 & 5 series seem mad cheap now. Even 2008 530d looking good now

What year? Spec it up yourself and check sites which tell you which extras were added what year. Good job E92 is banned as he'd be creaming himself now for your decision to get a 6 cylinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

E92 is banned again? What for this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Nothing to do with this forum, (nothing to do with me either :D), it was at his own request, see help desk for further explanation

now back on topic

It was a case of jump or be pushed, the mods had enough of his crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It was a case of jump or be pushed, the mods had enough of his crap.

rubbish and not true

You're just trolling again. Another trolling post and you can add this forum to the long list of forums you're already banned from ...permanently.

Now behave

• Advertisement
Advertisement