Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turf sellers

Options
  • 15-12-2008 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, does anyone know where one might buy turf or if there are anyone selling it.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If by turf you mean the brown stuff from the bog for burning, then I'm pretty sure it can be bought from a number of coal suppliers in Limerick. :)

I know we get it at home from time to time anyway, I can find out where we buy our coal if that's any help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I am not 100% sure but I think Naughtons Oil & Coal sell it.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

An Fhile wrote: »
    If by turf you mean the brown stuff from the bog for burning, then I'm pretty sure it can be bought from a number of coal suppliers in Limerick. :)

I know we get it at home from time to time anyway, I can find out where we buy our coal if that's any help to you.

I'd appreciate it if you could.

@h3000, will give them a ring and see if they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I used to live down in Clareview. That guy who has the little corner shop behind the Gaelic Grounds is a coal seller. He used to do door to door sales so he might be worth a shot if he's still doing it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'd appreciate it if you could.

Walters.

But they might not deliver turf without an order for coal too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I have a couple of Uncles who sell turf , one based in west Limerick and the other based in north Kerry, might be a bit far to travel but I will see if I can get their numbers for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Trouble

If you go towards westbury and continue out the road about 5 mins theres a garage there called Clancy's that sells bags of turf from the forecourt.

Advertisement